Investigations Program Manager
ZoomRemote Office (CA) - Bay Area / Remote Office (GA) / Remote Office (NJ) / Remote Office (CO) - Denver / Remote Office (IL) - Chicago / Remote Office (MA) - Boston / Remote Office (MD) / Remote Office (MI) / Remote Office (TN) / Remote Office (NY) - New York City / Remote Office (PA) / Remote Office (NC)6 months ago
Reporting directly to the Chief Counsel to the COO and CISO, the Investigations Program Manager will be responsible for Zoom’s internal risk management program. This person will partner closely with Security, Compliance, Privacy, Trust and Safety, Engineering, People, and related teams to identify, investigate, and mitigate internal risks to the company while providing both strategic and practical guidance on such matters.
- Lead the internal risk management program; develop and implement company strategy, policies, and procedures, emphasizing proactive risk identification and mitigation.
- Manage a small team of investigators.
- Partner with cross functional teams to conduct prompt, thorough, and fair investigations.
- Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and debrief meetings with company leadership.
- Work with cross functional teams on implementation of tailored indicators and warnings, including standards, responses, notifications, advisories, and updates.
- Work closely with security, privacy, people, and trust and safety teams to investigate and analyze potential incidents, determine legal and regulatory responsibilities, and advise on necessary and recommended responses.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g., security, legal, people) to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and advise on the risk management program.
- Provide program updates to senior management.
- Design and implement a workforce training program.
- Maintain an understanding of technical controls and assist in the creation of audit and monitoring frameworks tailored to internal risk management.
- Develop long-term solutions for systemic issues.
- Respond timely to inquiries from colleagues with sound, succinct, and actionable advice.
- 8+ years of direct experience in investigations and internal risk management; preferably with government and in-house tech experience.
- Extensive formal training in investigations.
- Expertise in behavioral risk management and related frameworks.
- Deep experience with challenges presented both by people and through technology.
- Extensive experience training a global workforce.
- Experience working internationally preferred.
- Employment law experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders.
- Passion to work in collaborative team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Ability to remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation.
- Ability to travel at least 20-30% of the time (post-pandemic).
- Experience supporting security, legal, and people teams is a plus.
- Active security clearance is a plus.
- Ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes a must.
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.