Customers globally rely on our extensive range of products and services—from life-saving medicines to lab essentials to next-generation instruments. Our Operations team leverages our PPI (Practical Process Improvement Business System) to manufacture and produce these products and continuously improve productivity and quality all while contributing to our Mission - to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
Unity(tm) Lab Services is a business segment that supports the Customer Channels Group, which provides critical outsourced on-site services at customer locations.
This position is in South San Francisco, CA.
Requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Discover Impactful Work: By working supporting our scientists develop their projects and experiments.
A day in the Life:
- Follow procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Senior Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and improvements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Positively represent Unity Lab Services at all times throughout customer locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Perform inventory management and stockroom duties such as on-site replenishment ordering, disbursements, receiving, stock rotation, cycle counts, detrashing, inventory systems management, and other functions according to service level requirements.
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, and processing of backorders.
- May perform a portfolio of other services including, material handling, shipping/receiving, glass-wash & autoclave operations
- Works at customer location, in office environment to include cubicles, laboratories, and/or shipping/receiving docks
- Extensive walking/standing for 60-70% of the day
- Able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently and lift 50 pounds
- Able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Able to work the hours required to get the job done
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- 0-1 years preferred
- Display a high level of confidentiality
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Must have two or more years of dynamic shown experience
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the communication skills to deal with various levels of personnel.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet timelines.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software with proficiency in Excel highly valued.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.