The Inventory Specialist is responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory in their dispensary. They drive sales through maintainingan up to date and stocked online and in-store menu. They ensure all AYR policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to. The Inventory Control Specialist reports to the Retail Inventory Manager and the Dispensary Store Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate counts of all inventories by doing daily counts and performing reconciliations when necessary
- Ensure that all product is properly tagged according to state and local regulations and is accompanied by all necessary paperwork
- Reconcile inventory to ensure that all information is accurately porting to the state system and no malfunctions are occurring
- Keep a clean and well-organized shop/Storage area that allows for unencumbered access to product, sinks, cleaning areas, and workstations
- Maintain all delivery records and invoices according to the methods prescribed by the General Manager and state regulations
- Ensure that all items meet the required quality standards and specifications
- Generate purchase orders or transfers to fulfill sale order requirements
- Run and maintain inventory level reports
- Ability to collaborate and work with others, while also able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- High school diploma/GED required
- Equivalent combination of work/education experience accepted
1-3 years experience in a retail environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Customer Obsessed -Dedicated to creating a remarkable experience for both internal and external customers; builds rapport and maintains meaningful and effective relationships creating trustful, authentic connections; viewed as a good listener and is easy to approach and talk to and is often in the know early in any given situation.
- Results Oriented - Empowered with knowledge of their potential and enjoys working hard to create wonder; is action oriented and full of energy for impactful and challenging projects; acts with minimal direction; seizes more opportunities than peers; exceeds goals and is consistently a top performer; applies key business and industry knowledge and experience to make informed decisions and take actions that drive business results; conscientious of the bottom line and steadfastly pushes self and others for results that deliver on Company goals.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform at a high level of accomplishment; understands how their job function supports being a force for good.
No direct reports
Work is performed in several locations that include a cannabis cultivation and production facility. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors. May be asked to occasionally travel to locations outside of AYR’s network.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds be able to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, kneel, crouch, and reach.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.