Inventory Records Assistant
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.
It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Inventory Control assistant provides comprehensive analytical support to the inventory function by researching, compiling, and documenting records pertaining to ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping finished goods.
What Your Impact Will Be:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for inventory control through analysis of physical cycle counts
- Research and reconcile negative inventory balances and adjust accordingly
- Research, physically investigate, and reconcile product problems
- Maintain inventory accuracy of book counts to physical counts through monthly comparisons and adjustments. Reports discrepancies and product problems to Manager and/or Sr. Inventory Technician.
- Address all issues pertaining to Quarantine and Pending inventory
- Input, clear, and make adjustments to work in progress (WIP) inventory
- Perform shipping and receiving dock audits
- Print various department related reports, shipping documents and labels
- Process shippers, labels, packing lists and assemble shipments
- Conduct post audit of inventory control documents and posting of containers
- Maintain document filing system
- Invoice of shipments
- Complete enhancements and validate new SKU’s through OMNI for product release
- Process product loads for inter-plant transfers
- Post incoming IPT’s and monitor IPT variances
- Process customer returns for goods
- Process damage product to Mattel Toy Stores
- Prepare inbound damage/wet claims
- Ability to attend work regularly and on a timely manner
- Able to perform work with an enfaces on accuracy
- Ability to operate a computer with Microsoft Office software and learn various programs
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by your manager or supervisor
What We’re Looking For:
1-2 years related experience and/or training
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Able to collaborate with management, staff, customers, vendors, and corporate partners.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally with management, staff, customers, vendors, and corporate partners.
- Able to write correspondences
- Able to read and interpret technical procedures, documents such as shipping documents, bills of lading, reports, inventory documents
- Able to gather, track, analyses and interpret reports, graphs, and other data
- Able to analyze information and solve problems
- Mathematical Skills- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divides in all units of measure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to utilize the following equipment in a safe and satisfactory manner with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Computer with Windows based operating system
- Microsoft Office (intermediate or above)
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play.
We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events.
We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.