The Inventory Lead is responsible for supporting their Inventory Manager/Supervisor and dispensary staff with supervising and maintaining accurate inventory control measures. Providing leadership, guidance, and support to team members, Inventory Lead fosters an environment that is positive, upbeat, and respectful. The associate will regularly cross the physical quantities with system quantities and employ inventory control practices that best ensure these qualities are aligned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support retail operations in delivering consistent and positive customer experiences by driving inventory accuracy through managing stock levels, variances, storage, and menu updates and consumption.
- Perform inventory counts, weekly audits, and all necessary adjustments to support the retail business.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment in all areas of the facility, making sure all inventory is put away, secured, and the area clean
- Participate in the flow of physical stock for order processing
- Report any irregularities to the Inventory Supervisor/Manager
- Complete check to ensure all menus, digital and physical, are up to date and accurate
- Provide regular reporting as required by internal operations and state requirements
- Ensure product is stocked on the sales floor and ready for purchase
- Communicate any variance issues or missing information that would prevent an inventory order from being properly imputed to the Inventory Supervisor/Manager.
- Hold your team to a high standard and ensure communication is fluid and consistent with both praise and feedback
- Must stay current and adhere to all policies and regulations of the state cannabis agency.
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agency.
- Able to pass all background checks as required by state cannabis agency.
- Able to accommodate scheduling that may include varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years' experience working in inventory, logistics and/or a cannabis retail setting
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude)
- Customer Obsessed -Dedicated to creating a remarkable experience for both internal and external customers; builds rapport and maintains meaningful and effective relationships creating trustful, authentic connections; viewed as a good listener and is easy to approach and talk to and is often in the know early in any given situation.
- Results Oriented - Empowered with knowledge of their potential and enjoys working hard to create wonder; is action oriented and full of energy for impactful and challenging projects; acts with minimal direction; seizes more opportunities than peers; exceeds goals and is consistently a top performer; applies key business and industry knowledge and experience to make informed decisions and take actions that drive business results; conscientious of the bottom line and steadfastly pushes self and others for results that deliver on Company goals.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform at a high level of accomplishment; understands how their job function supports being a force for good.
- No direct reports
- Work is primarily performed in a dispensary setting. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, vendors and customers. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors.
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time. Frequently operates computer/POS system and other standard office equipment such as printers, phones and photocopy machines.
- Able to move about a typical office and retail environment.
- Constantly moves and transports dispensary products/totes up to 30 lbs. throughout the dispensary.
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a dispensary agent.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.