Who we are:
At Shinola, we make beautiful, enduring, handcrafted goods that are built to be lived in, worn out, and well loved. Our thoughtful craftsmanship, timeless design and spirited stories inspire our customers to live well, with confidence & joy—in a style that is uniquely their own! Because we are a growing and evolving company, each employee is a key stakeholder, making decisions every day that directly impact our overall vision and direction. At Shinola, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at the start of what we believe will become an iconic American brand.
- Founded in 2011, we are a Detroit based luxury design brand committed to crafting products that are built to last
- We are committed to creating high-quality manufacturing jobs while operating the first at-scale watch factory in the US in 50 years
- In addition to luxury timepieces, our team of artisans handcraft premium leather goods, jewelry, and more – celebrating thoughtful design and the beauty of industry through every product we make
- Our retail locations allow us to showcase our commitment to quality, manufacturing and design by connecting our guests to products in store
What you'll do:
- Become an expert on our brand and products
- Process all shipment that is sent to the store
- Create transfer orders
- Be a key player in all Inventory/Cycle counts for the store
- Create community with your team by embodying our brand values
- Build relationships through meaningful outreach to customers
- Keep your store and primarily the stockroom clean, presentable and organized
Who you are:
- A self-starter that works well on their own
- Great at multitasking
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Excel
- Curious and optimistic
- Flexible and adaptable to a high-change environment
- Not afraid to insert yourself in new situations
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
Compensation type: hourly
- Compensation can be negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications.
- Starting at $16.75 per hour
- Potential monthly bonus based on store financial performance.
- Employee hiring referral bonus
Paid Time-off: (for employees working more than 30 hours)
- 10 Corporate Holidays
- 15 Vacation days (accrued)
- 2 Volunteer days
- Medical, dental & vision -click here to view our full package! (for employees working more than 20 hours)
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
- Merchandise discounts
- Complimentary employee watch
At Shinola, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Shinola encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Shinola may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Note: Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance and not applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.