Inventory Control Specialist
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory in their dispensary. They drive sales through maintaining an up to date and stocked online and in-store menu. They ensure all AYR policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to. The Inventory Control Specialist reports to the Retail Inventory Manager and the Dispensary Store Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate counts of all inventories by doing daily counts and performing reconciliations when necessary
- Ensure that all product is properly tagged according to state and local regulations and is accompanied by all necessary paperwork
- Reconcile inventory to ensure that all information is accurately porting to the state system and no malfunctions are occurring
- Keep a clean and well-organized shop/Storage area that allows for unencumbered access to product, sinks, cleaning areas, and workstations
- Maintain all delivery records and invoices according to the methods prescribed by the General Manager and state regulations
- Ensure that all items meet the required quality standards and specifications
- Generate purchase orders or transfers to fulfill sale order requirements
- Run and maintain inventory level reports
- Ability to collaborate and work with others, while also able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- High school diploma/GED required
- Equivalent combination of work/education experience accepted
- 1-3 years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Cannabis inventory experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel, word, and Outlook
- Experience working in a warehouse/supply chain environment
- Experience working with MJ
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- No direct reports
Work is performed in several locations that include a cannabis cultivation and production facility. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors. May be asked to occasionally travel to locations outside of AYR’s network.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds be able to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, kneel, crouch, and reach.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.