Inventory Control Specialist
This role has a minimum base pay from $15.24 per hour with higher starting pay available based on experience.
This position is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the store’s inventory. Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- One year of inventory control experience in a “big box” retail company or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Demonstrated point of sale analysis and reporting experience.
- Business analysis experience is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company’s safe lifting practices standard operating procedures.
- Follow the daily cycle count and category review calendar.
- Research all inventory-related discrepancies and make appropriate adjustments in the inventory system.
- Review shipping and receiving documents for accuracy.
- Bring to the attention of the department managers immediately any discrepancies noticed in tagging or SKUing of merchandise.
- Audit the BFR daily in accordance with the Inventory Control SOP.
- Audit incoming and outgoing trucks randomly.
- Audit the SOR process in accordance with the Return of Sale SOP.
- Audit the SRR process in accordance with the Return of Sale SOP for Voids and Partial voids.
- Audit the RTV process to ensure RTV’s are being processed per SOP.
- Audit to ensure the security of the facility by notifying management of any issues.
- Audit the customer merchandise storage area weekly in accordance with the Customer Storage SOP and timely resolve any issues with the CEM and Operations Manager.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Manager during any physical inventory period.
- Ensure that the “Sample” tape is applied to all wood boxes that have been written off to “Sam”. If not, notify the department manager to immediately address.
- Run the OSDR Report for DMG, RTV, VA, DIS, WO, CHR, PRV, USE, LF, STL, WEB and SAM monthly to ensure correct movement of merchandise was done and correct any discrepancies. Document report of findings/corrections, submit to the Operations manager for review, both initial and archive monthly in the cycle count drawer.
- Check a minimum of 10 customer receipts daily and randomly. Either “Pickup” and or “Take With” Tickets. Any discrepancies adjust immediately and notify CEM/Operations Manager of mistake(s).
- Communicate to Store Management Team the discrepancies found in the day’s CCYL and propose solutions to fix the issues which may have caused and or potential may cause shrink via e-mail. Failure to fix the outstanding issues upon your follow-up, you will need to notify the CEM/Operations manager immediately.
- Maintain all cycle count paperwork per SOP.
- Follow-up to ensure that all changes were implemented.
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- A personal holiday and Volunteer Time Off program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.