Inventory Control Specialist
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the management of the store inventory. The primary responsibilities include: receiving packages and merchandise into the store’s inventory accurately and efficiently on the day in which it arrives, ticketing merchandise and generating packaging and shipping transfers and RTV of merchandise to other locations efficiently and accurately. All records associates with receiving and shipping merchandise will be neatly and accurately maintained in a filing system. The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for processing, recording and following up on all after sales service. In the absence of an Operations Manager/Director, the Store Director and or Assistant Manager will work with the Inventory Control Associate to organize, conduct and reconcile weekly cycle counts and bi-annual inventories. The inventory Control Associate is also responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate stock levels in shipping and selling supplies and store and kitchen supplies.
All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate and organized store inventory. Organize and participate in store cycle counts, bi-annual inventories and reconciliation with support and direction from store Director and/or Assistant Manager.
- Process all incoming and outgoing shipments within business day they are generated. Ensure proper documentation is completed.
- Check in all returns against previous day’s business.
- Print and ticket merchandise, returns and price updates.
- Process, record, maintain, and follow up on all after-sales service.
- Process damages, maintain inventory for damages.
- Work with Store Management inventory for damages.
- Work with Store Management to analyze business and replenish needs.
- Develop inventory strategies to support the selling process and to maintain our warehouse standards on a daily basis.
Supervisory Responsibility: NO
Budget Responsibility: NO
Decision Making Responsibility: NO
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience
- 1-2 Years of Experience in Shipping, Receiving, or Operations, preferably in a luxury environment.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze information.
- Ability to problem solves.
- Ability to multitask with accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal policies and directives.
- Attention to loss prevention and inventory control.
- Ability to lift between 0-50 lbs. without assistance.
- Experienced with technology to fully utilize internal systems as well as external shipping software programs.
We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of the above attributes and can perform the key functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hermès of Paris (USA) requires proof of full vaccination status as defined by the CDC and/or applicable state or local health agencies against the virus known as COVID-19, and any variants, as a condition of employment with Hermès of Paris (USA), except where prohibited by state or local law. Hermès of Paris (USA) will consider any reasonable requests for accommodations for disability and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable laws.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Family is at the heart of Hermès. At Hermès of Paris, we are committed to being a Maison for All, a home where we make efforts to generate, support and advance the values of diversity, inclusion and family both within our own walls and in the wider world. At Hermès of Paris we look to create a diverse workforce of talented and unique individuals with different backgrounds, skillsets and worldviews that will enrich our Hermès of Paris family. We support our individual team members personal and professional success through a culture that values equality, individuality and fairness and through an environment where individuals can thrive and feel comfortable being their authentic selves. Beyond the walls of our Maison, we advance our DIF values through the work that we do in partnership with our community and non-profit partners.
At Hermès of Paris, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. It is the policy of Hermès of Paris, Inc. that applicants for employment are recruited, selected and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to positions being filled and potential for promotion or transfer which may be expected to develop. Applicants are recruited, selected and hired without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. In addition, personnel procedures and practices with regard to training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, lay off or termination are to be administered with due regard to job performance, experience and qualifications, but without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hermès of Paris, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Hermes, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.