Inventory Control Lead
We’re looking for our newest Inventory Control Lead who is eager and excited to join our growing retail team. The Inventory Control Lead is responsible for leading in the day to day inventory management & product receipt for a fast paced, high-volume retail. All product inventory is counted and received, organized and maintained, on the sales floor and in the secured storage facility. All temperature sensitive perishable product is properly stored in a temperature-controlled environment. First in First out (FIFO) method is followed as well as properly transferred using the Inventory Management platform in the POS. Finished goods are staged, processed and made ready for sale within 48 hours of delivery (including weekends). Ensure all cannabis products meet or exceed state and local compliance and regulatory standards. Cycle counts are conducted every day from Sunday through Wednesday, ensure accurate inventory levels are maintained in California Cannabis Track-and-Trace system (METRC).
What You Will Do
- Oversee, schedule and assign tasks to Inventory Specialists
- Ensure proper care and First in First Out (FIFO) rotation of all inventory for retail sale
- Ensure all products are kept in their ideal state to preserve freshness and quality
- Ensure Metrc and POS platforms are accurately managed and maintained for accuracy of data
- Coordinate with Inventory Manager to expedite the sale of expiring products
- Conduct month end inventory audits and scan and upload final inventory counts to Finance
- Manage the product delivery process by checking all products against the Metrc generated manifest to ensure accuracy of the delivery
- Log and monitor all upcoming “best by” dates for incoming inventory so items can be tracked to ensure sell through before expiration
- Coordinate with the Inventory Manager to schedule a destruction of expiring products as well as notify the Store Management team
- Ensure all invoices and payables are properly scanned, logged, and communicated, ensuring clear communication within the accounting ecosystem
- Account for all inventory count discrepancies within manifests and delivery, and report them to the Inventory Manager/ASM/General Manager
- Responsible for receiving all product, checking in products (ERP and METRC), scanning manifests and COAs; scanning invoices as needed
- Work closely with Compliance Manager to ensure regulations are followed and address issues within 24 hours of occurrence
- Work with other store locations to trouble-shoot issues with inventory audits and receiving as needed
- Ensure new products are tagged and ready for sale within 48 hours of receiving
- Meet with Inventory Manager and Store Management team to regularly to ensure proper follow- up on all action items
- Accountable for proper disposal of cannabis waste both physically and systemically
- Manage/track all levels of inventory of the outlet(s) including cannabis, merchandise, shop supplies, promotional materials and all other non-cannabis items
- Abide by all policies and procedures of the company
- Walk the venue on a regular basis to ensure the facility is properly organized and maintained and address any issues promptly to Inventory Manager and/or General Manager
- Intimately understand state and local cannabis regulations to maintain compliance and regulatory standards.
- Inform employees of new products, and assist in the making shelf space for new products
- Account for all non-cannabis items
- Create/update logs for efficient systems within inventory
What We Are Looking For
- Must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate. This position requires someone who is a strong leader with the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Perform all job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Lead by example and ensure inventory team executes the game plan laid out for them
- Understand department service needs
- Work cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Direct staff performance and follow up with corrective action as needed
- At least 3 years inventory management experience in high volume retail environment.
- Must be able to input and access data in METRC and POS platforms
- Must be comfortable learning new skills and adaptable to changes
- Must have a hands-on, proactive management style
- Must be familiar with local and state cannabis laws, as well as BCC regulations
The hourly pay range for this position in the selected city is: $20.00- $22.00. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. occasionally without assistance
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced cannabis retail location.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Connected is an exciting, innovative workplace with an inclusive culture that offers rare career opportunities, and a chance to make a real-world impact in a new start-up industry! We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis industry.
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible vacation policy (exempt roles)