Inventory Control Coordinator
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates!
We are hiring immediately for an Inventory Control Coordinator. Working with our extensive product line, this is a critical position on our operations team, responsible for accurately maintaining our inventory of medical supplies.
Shift: Monday - Friday 4:30am - 1:30pm +overtime
Pay Rate: $20.00 an hour
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and maintain efficient and accurate inventory management procedures, consistent with company policy and procedure. Safeguard inventory assets to facilitate shortage detection.
- Initiate and maintain an efficient cycle count strategy. Make system adjustments as required and analyze results of counts to initiate permanent corrective actions. Maintain accurate records of all audits, counts, and adjustments. Confirm completion of cycle count activity daily.
- Establish, maintain, and execute slotting programs through the use of available tools (e.g., DOMS).
- Determine disposition of damaged and/or expired product, including any possible recoup. (OS&D)
- Provide timely and accurate responses to Customer Service and Purchasing initiated cycle count requests.
- Ensure that customer returned products are saleable. Review for condition, expiration date range, and recall status. Evaluate necessary steps to adjust final balance on-hand adjustments. Take appropriate action on product that is not in saleable condition. Communicates all outcomes to Customer Service.
- Review and analyze weekly sync report to determine error causes. Initiates corrective action.
- Support product recall/vendor return process through physical identification and segregation of product.
- Coordinate all physical inventory warehouse preparation and cutoff activities as detailed in P/I Instruction Document. Responsible for control desk management, running of valuation reports, reconciliation of final count variances, and all other reconciliation activities detailed in P/I Instruction Document.
- Establish, maintain, and execute the CSW bin verification program.
- Run and review daily CSW and OMNI reports to determine action requirements.
- Process accurate perpetual inventory adjustments to match physical inventory movement, when necessary.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Job Type: Full-time
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.