International Tax Manager
We are looking for an experienced tax professional who has worked in public companies or a tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 5 or more years to join our growing in-house tax team.
As a member of the Tilray Tax Team, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of new tax laws and regulations for the rapidly multibillion's cannabis growing industry. It's never been a more exciting time for tax development and professional growth to learn about the growing industry. This role is a preparer role that will develop into a manager role of the international tax group as the industry grows. The successful candidate will have substantial experience in domestic and international laws and regulations. In this role, you will support acquisitions, disposition, and global tax planning to maximizing future tax benefits.
The candidate will have experience in the provision, tax compliance, and exposure to transfer pricing. Also, the position is supporting local businesses and finance teams on tax matters and audits. The ideal candidate strives to be a creative problem solver, organized, and self-motivated to accomplishing the company's tax matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for U.S. tax provision, tax compliance, planning, audits, and intercompany transactions tax document support:
- Prepare and/or review US GAAP tax provisions for affiliates in Canada, Europe, and Australia.
- Prepare and/or review of US international information reporting returns such as 5471, 8865, 8858, and 8621, GILTI calculations, E&P calculations, and other ad hoc projects.
- Manage and work with local foreign teams to ensure timely filing of foreign income tax returns.
- Prepare and/or review Canadian income tax and/or information returns, reports, transfer pricing supporting documentation, if needed.
- Ensure that new developments in tax are conveyed to the appropriate people in the company and that processes are developed to ensure that the company is in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist in responding to queries from internal/external/government auditors.
- Support global tax planning and process improvement initiatives, as well as other tax related matters on an ad hoc basis.
- Partner with outside advisors to document and defend significant cross-border transactions
- Experience training, developing, and fostering the professional growth of the international tax team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field and CPA, J.D. and/or M.S. in tax a plus.
- Five to ten years working in the corporate tax function at a publicly traded company and/or a tax advisory firm
- Experience in preparing US international compliance reporting requirements (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, and other forms.).
- Motivation to learn about federal and multi-state taxation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and manage and coordinate assigned projects independently.
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.