International Tax Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverage US international tax experience and technical expertise to support and assist with:
- US tax compliance related to foreign operations
- Quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provision
- Forecasting effective tax rates and cash taxes
- Tax examinations with various taxing authorities
- Tax transformation initiatives to automate tax processes, enhance data analytics and re-imagine how the tax function operates
- Identify, execute and implement strategic international tax planning opportunities including research and tax modeling
- Manage and assist with evaluating the international tax consequences of business projects, operating strategies, M&A activity, and the integration of acquisitions
- Work cross-functionally to identify and execute tax efficient strategies to support cash repatriation and global cash management
- Manage substantial contribution position to qualify for the CFC manufacturing exception
- Collaborate with Transfer Pricing team to advise on strategies for intercompany transactions
- Work closely and partner with ex-US finance controllers to understand and assist with foreign tax matters including but not limited to tax incentives
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant experience within US international tax matters in a Big 4 firm or law firm, ideally with some experience of working in a multinational corporation
- Strong quantitative skills and deep technical knowledge of US international taxation (e.g., subpart F, GILTI, FTC, FDII, BEAT).
- Experience with M&A and post-acquisition integration projects, transfer pricing, and OECD guidelines
- Experience in US and international tax compliance and income tax accounting, including exposure to ASC 740
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including experience communicating complex tax issues and requirements to people without a tax background
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Independent and self-driven with the ability to adapt and get things done in fast moving and high growth environment
- Critical thinking with the ability to scrutinize, challenge, and offer both practical and risk weighted solutions
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California, Colorado, New York or remote jobs that can be performed in California, Colorado and New York. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will be eligible to participate in Western Digital’s Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan, which provides incentive awards based on Company and individual performance. Depending on your role and your performance, you may be eligible to participate in our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs) or cash equivalents, pursuant to the terms of the LTI plan. Please note that not all roles are eligible to participate in the LTI program, and not all roles are eligible for equity under the LTI plan. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.