International Marketing Manager
The International Marketing team is looking for an International Marketing Manager to be the lead contact for International Distributors in the APAC region, ensuring Columbia’s global marketing strategy is understood, relevant and implemented consistently across the globe. In this role, you will provide strategic marketing direction for Columbia brands through continuous partnership with Global, Regional and IDR cross-functional teams. Here you’ll focus on building brand awareness and driving brand equity though a mix of marketing and engagement roles, retail leverage, trade, and online marketing methods with local relevancy.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Partner with Senior Manager of IDR Marketing to provide insights into marketing plans and strategies of the APAC region and their distributors’ seasonal marketing activities and marketing investments. Including development of marketing materials such as advertising creative, Product and Lifestyle photography, etc.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing teams to design campaign strategy and local relevancy, protecting brand equity and ensuring execution excellence.
- Develop local digital and social media activation strategies based on Global guidelines, leveraging local influencers to drive both retail sales and build brand awareness.
- Monitor and advise on retail activities and marketing plan for distributor markets, work closely with APAC distributors to provide guidance on business target, address challenges and identify opportunities. Ensure the Columbia Sportswear communication guidelines and seasonal strategy is implemented in the IDR/APAC markets through effective and targeted advertising, Public Relations, promotions, and Cooperative activities.
- Track marketing KPIs and evaluate performance of sales channels, product categories, provide recommendations, and set objectives for respective category growth.
- Participate in International meetings, communicating the requests gathered from the International Distributors and follow up to ensure projects are on target to meet local needs.
- Partner closely with IDR Sales Manager of APAC to build and manage execution of Long-Range Business Plans for APAC regions and its distributors.
- Able to conduct interpersonal interactions with distributors both over the telephone and in face-to-face situations, operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
- An adept collaborator adept at interpersonal and communication skills, confidence to approve, push back and amend content.
- Motivated and enthusiastic while balancing the demands of the market.
- A multitasking extraordinaire with high attention to detail and prioritization
- 5-8 years’ experience in marketing, brand management, international marketing, or region-level marketing execution.
- Marketing experience working with international regions; multilingual is a plus.
- An analytical mindset and ability to drive consumer insights into action.
- Experience translating and communicating corporate marketing strategy to cross-functional and external partners.
- The ability to make and facilitate early morning and/or evening calls and travel internationally approximately two times per year.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.