Internal Event Lead
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it's AR glasses, Spectacles.
The GBX (Global Brand Experience) team oversees the creative direction and execution of Snap’s physical presence in the world, through experiential activations, events, client/partner/showroom spaces, the AR Studio, as well as continuing to innovate on virtual and hybrid experiences. GBX collaborates with all teams at Snap to provide a consistent brand point of view and standard, as well as support the development and scaling of the Snap internal culture globally by creating inclusive experiences for our team.
We’re looking for an Event Lead to join Snap Inc and help develop internal events and experiences! As a member of the Global Brand Experience team, you will assist in developing Snapchat experiences through global team member initiatives. Working from our Santa Monica headquarters or New York City, you’ll collaborate with various teams across Snap, as well as external vendors to create experiences aligned with Snap’s brand.
What you’ll do:
- Support the overall strategy for engaging internal team members globally, specifically with regards to production and oversight of experiences and events that align with the company’s values and objectives (company celebrations, team member programs, and other related events)
- Creating new scalable opportunities to bring the Snapchat brand to life; experiences should inspire and unify team members worldwide
- Support the execution of global events ranging from 5-5,000 attendees
- Create and improve existing processes to increase their efficiency and impact
- Track and measure the impact of strategies to make needed improvements
- Liaise, and collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Maintain a high level of communication with all stakeholders throughout the planning and execution of events
- Schedule and coordinate event logistics, including, but not limited to: venue research, site visits, catering selection, permitting, invitation and collateral design, contract negotiation, guest list and invite management, and payment submissions
- Develop relationships with venues and vendors both internally and externally
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure smooth and successful event executions
- Create project timelines and event calendars
- Determine and optimize event ROI
- Track budgets of various size and complexity
- Additional team responsibilities include: budget management, vendor onboarding, and communications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to all details, especially design
- Concierge mindset with a goal of creating memorable experiences
- Ability to think outside the box and bring creative ideas to the table
- Always on the lookout for evolving methods to innovate our team member experience
- Ability/confidence in negotiation and understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues
- Superior work ethic and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to approach all work with a sense of urgency
- Must be flexible and adaptable; top notch interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Knowledge of virtual event landscape and offerings
- Fluent in industry trends
- Understanding of Google Applications and ability to utilize all tools
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and producing events
- BS/BA degree in marketing or communications
- Experience in supporting teams of various size, globally
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary for this position is $110,000 - $160,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $105,000 - $152,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $94,000 - $136,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!