Internal Communications Specialist
The Internal Communications Specialist will help develop and execute strategic communications programs that drive employee engagement, help further Xerox's strategic objectives, and strengthen the Xerox brand. With a focus on employee communications and employer branding, they will work with communications partners and stakeholders across the business to write, edit and distribute internal communications materials and execute successful, multi-faceted and multi-channel communications strategies.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is a top-notch writer, skilled at both strategic planning and managing tactical execution, and comfortable wearing many hats. They must be detail-oriented and demonstrate a growth mindset, willingness to learn new things and contribute to projects as needed.
- Help develop and execute strategic multi-channel communications plans that deliver successful outcomes.
- Work hands on with leaders and key stakeholders across the business to identify communications goals and create communications plans to successfully meet objectives.
- Write, edit, and distribute internal communications materials.
- Supporting planning and execution of internal events.
- Create internal-facing executive presentations.
- Mine and develop compelling stories that educate and inform employees and create Xerox brand advocates.
- Manage and help evolve company intranet site.
- Manage data tracking and reporting for internal communications and employer branding function; analyzes audience requirements and behavior and use metrics to make strategic decisions in alignment with goals.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work (corporate/executive communications or journalism preferred)
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Fundamental knowledge of communications concepts, methods, and practices
- Professional and executive presence conducive to working with senior leadership
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to develop innovative solutions, overcome objection, react well to deadline pressure, and formulate clear and concise executive and strategic messages on complex topics
- Ability to analyze data and create and manage compelling communications metrics reports
- Must quickly learn to adapt writing to different voices and styles and work collaboratively in and across teams
- Resourceful in gathering information from across the organization
- Champion multi-tasker
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.