Internal Communications Specialist
Square internal communications is a team of storytellers, cross-functional information sharers, and humanizers. We break through the clutter of information through diverse mediums.
We connect, engage, and inform employees to drive fulfillment and retention. We showcase the business priorities that enable teams to do their best work.
The Square internal communications team is a relatively new function and has made strong headway in up-leveling the employee experience for our thousands of team members. This role will serve as a generalist to partner in expanding on the work already taking place. We’re looking for a blend of writing, project management, and creativity skills mixed with an upbeat, can-do attitude. We are a scrappy team that uses persuasion and our perseverance to get the job done.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify communication needs and target audiences, objectives, and messaging
- Create monthly all-hands video content
- Track, source, and write content for big moments (ex. product launches), and provide guidance and writing/editing support for employees who want to create blog posts
- Drive content updates to our new intranet; goal is to make it an active, engaging resource for employees to frequently visit
- Craft a Communications calendar to build on themes and tell stories about Block that inform and inspire our employees; hunt those stories down, test different media (written, video) and monitor engagement
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in communications
- Strong writing and editing capabilities in AP Style
- Understanding of, and passion for, culture and organizational effectiveness
- Passionate about inspiring others to move towards the same objective
- Project management skills
- Have a hunter mentality – you should feel comfortable chasing down your creative ideas and driving them to execution
- Works successfully both independently and as part of a team where collaboration is required
- You have experience working with technical roles
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.