Internal Communications Manager
Brightway was established in 2008 as a founder-led, family-operated business. We quickly earned the title of being one of five insurance distribution companies in the U.S. that posted consecutive, yearly double-digit economic growth. In 2021, Brightway was purchased by private equity investors, GrowthCurve Capital and appointed President and CEO, Mark Cantin. Brightway has embarked on the next leg of our customer-centered, growth-fueled journey. Sparked by innovation through our associates and the application of industry-leading technologies, this growth has created new opportunities for creative thinkers who love to collaborate within a diversity-enriched culture.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will play a critical role in shaping and executing our internal communication strategies to engage, inform, and inspire our employees. You will be responsible for creating and delivering compelling communication plans and initiatives to foster a positive and collaborative organizational culture.
- Strategy Development: Develop and drive the internal communication strategy aligned with the company’s missions, values, and business objectives. Collaborate with senior leadership to ensure communication efforts support key initiatives, change management, and employee engagement.
- Content Creation: Responsible for the creation of engaging, relevant, and timely internal communications content. This includes written materials, presentations, videos, and other multimedia assets for various channels such as company intranet, email newsletters. Organize and MC multiple internal audience meetings, such as, Town Hall meetings, Monthly Manager Meetings, and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Change Management: Develop communication strategies to effectively manage organizational changes to ensure employees understand the rationale, impact, and benefits of these changes.
- Employee Engagement: Build and implement communication programs to enhance employee engagement, motivation, and a sense of belonging. Foster a culture of open communication, transparency, and inclusivity.
- Measurement and Analytics: Regularly analyze and report on communication performance, making data-driven recommendations and adjustments as needed. Standardize internal reporting dashboards for ease of consistent reporting.
- Crisis Communication: Collaborate with the CHRO, Executive Leadership Team, and internal stakeholders to develop and execute an internal communication plan during times of crisis or sensitive situations, ensuring employees are well-informed and supported, such as Emergency Preparedness planning and communications.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate cross-functionally with HR, Marketing, Operations, and other departments to ensure alignment and consistency in messaging and communication efforts. Assist with the coordination of board decks and other high priority presentations for internal audiences.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leadership, to understand their communication needs and incorporate their input into communication strategies.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, or a related field; Master’s degree a plus. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in internal communications, corporate communications, or related roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity.
Skills, Abilities, Licenses/Certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to convey complex information in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful internal communication strategies and campaigns.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of professionals.
- Experience in change management and crisis communication is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in using communication tools, platforms, and technology to enhance internal communication efforts.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to align communication strategies with organizational goals.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Employees at Brightway enjoy:
- Competitive salaries (based on research)
- Paid Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to a 4% company-match
- Tuition reimbursement (regardless of course of study)