Are you a storyteller passionate about translating business concepts into simple, compelling narratives through communications? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment? Do you get excited about helping people navigate and embrace change? Salesforce Finance is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to join our Office of Transformation. We’re looking for an expert who can deliver effective strategies that support our Finance Transformation strategies. You’ll work closely with subject matter experts to quickly learn information and impacts, and write communications that engage executive stakeholders, support and enable them through change, and achieve project goals.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Write memorable, engaging communications across all channels that drive awareness of key initiatives and inspire employees to take action (e.g. email, digital screens, web pages and banners, our internal social network / Chatter, etc)
- Establish relationships with and become a trusted communications advisor to Finance leaders, program teams, and business partners.
- Craft high level messaging that provides storytelling consistent narratives to incorporate into all program-specific and related communication
- Create an overarching comms strategy that all program-level and change-specific initiatives align to:
- Define voice, determine comms vehicles, manage calendar view, etc.
- Work closely with change and training leads to develop enablement strategies that drive awareness and adoption of program activities and compliance requirements. Tie all efforts back to the overarching comms narrative and strategy.
- Build communication strategies, draft communications, manage reviews and approvals, deploy communications, and track effectiveness.
- Utilize Marketing Cloud to build, send, and track emails.
- Leverage Slack to build channels and post messages.
Here’s what we’re seeking:
- Proven track record of 7+ years of experience in communications or related role
- A brilliant communicator and highly creative writer experienced in crafting compelling messaging and narratives; can generate and execute "breakout" ideas
- Ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines and create clear communications
- Passion for communication and writing that inspires your team and peers
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills (both technical and creative)
- Self-starter with a problem-solver mindset and proven track record at performing well in a fast-paced dynamic environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities; is flexible and resilient
- Communicates up, across, and within the team with clarity and purpose
- Ability to multi-task across multiple concurrent projects
Here’s what will set you apart:
- Experience storyboarding and high-end presentation design skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Google Slides, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience using Marketing Cloud and Slack
- Change Management knowledge and experience
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment
Note: Candidate must be able to show samples of their work.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.