Internal Communications Lead
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking an Internal Communications professional who will focus on ways to scale communications across the organization, including executing events and building resources, tools, and processes. This is a new role for the team and this person will work closely with the greater Internal Communications team to deliver thoughtful and creative communications to further our mission, vision and values.
Lyft aims to deliver strategies that enable our teams to move at lighting speed. Communications should enable efficiencies, with less time spent resolving cross-functional misalignment and more time spent executing as a team with clear roles and responsibilities and decision making power. This individual should allocate their efforts as follows:
- 10% Strategy: Proactively identify goals that advance the long term health of the communications within the business and propel the business forward.
- 60% Rhythm of the Business: Ongoing delivery of communication strategy tactics
- 30% Unexpected: Space to manage rapid response/crisis comms and change management.
Our team is driving a shift in how we communicate at lyft - democratizing internal comms and empowering teams and leaders to communicate to the business and their stakeholders as part of their broader project execution. This role will be responsible for creating and executing means of scaling communications support. This includes, but is not limited to executing company wide events, crafting resources for leaders to cascade aligned messaging, and building processes for our team to simplify the ways in which we engage with team members on their internal communications needs for any given project.
This individual should be detail oriented, a self-starter, able to operate with ambiguity and agile enough to lean in on multiple projects simultaneously. This person should have strong spoken and written communication skills, experience in executing events and basic graphic design skills. Most importantly, Lyft is about fostering an open, inclusive and diverse community where all team members are recognized for what they bring, and we want you to be you.
- Work closely with internal comms team to develop, scale and disseminate important messages to team members
- Support the execution of company-wide events
- Oversee - and edit where needed - processes for team members to engage and receive internal communications support
- Manage a communications tracker and collate data for communications effectiveness metrics including engagement, postmortems, participation, etc.
- Maintain the Lyft voice across all communications, written and verbal, and across company leadership
- Keep Lyft fun!
Experience & Skills:
- 2-3 years experience in a tactical communications role
- Writing and communications experience, with a preference for operations and tech focus
- Ability to navigate competing priorities simultaneously in a fast paced working environment
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience in executing events (town halls, fireside chats, etc.)
- Self-starter, independently motivated, requires minimal guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Lyft user/believer
- San Francisco/Bay Area based role - Lyft is fully flexible, however this role will need to be in office for our Town Hall at least once a month
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and all U.S. territories: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico