Intern - Operations
StoneX Group Inc.Chicago, ILa month ago
Position Purpose: Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and support to the staff of the department they are assigned to on various projects.
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of the operations and regulations that pertain to the department they are assigned to.
- Rotate within Operations to obtain general knowledge and completed assigned tasks
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field their internship is in.
- Maintains a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external.
- Properly handles client requests through responsiveness, follow-up and escalation to a more senior team member if necessary.
- Works proactively with other team members.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
- Prefer candidates with a minimum of 2 years completion of college coursework or major that directs towards INTL FCStone business lines
- Interests in Finance, Business or Economics preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer skills
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Minimal physical requirements other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment