Intern, Event Operations
The Intern, Event Operations for the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (JRTC) assists with day-to-day administrative duties, including Spring Training preparation for high school and college teams, Front Desk assistance, Gate Operations, administering of health screenings, and facilitating onsite housing and meeting space needs.
- Assist with day-to-day preparations for incoming groups.
- Communicate group needs and changes with Event Services team.
- Collect and review files for Spring Training: waivers, insurance, tax exemptions, group agreements, rooming lists, itineraries, meal packages, and all other paperwork requirements.
- Support Front Desk staff by assisting with check ins, merchandise sales, running the switchboard, guest services, office inventory, and communication to all departments.
- Act as a backup for gate staff, health screening stations, front desk, and event services when out or as needed.
- Prepare envelopes for gate staff, group welcome packets, keys, and meal tickets.
- Assist in special promotions, projects, and events.
- Other duties as assigned by Event Planning Manager.
- The preferred candidate will be a high school graduate, currently enrolled in an accredited two or four-year program and/or a work program in a similar field (i.e. Hospitality, Event Services, Business Administration, or Sports Management).
- The preferred candidate will have previous experience in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments.
- Candidate must be a professional, self-starter who will work as a team player and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License and excellent driving record.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy