Intern, Decider (Social Media)
Decider.com, a New York Post Digital Network property, is seeking a social media/design intern to join our team! This position provides the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience with creating, managing and executing content and strategy across multiple platforms under the guidance of the Social Media and Design team.
This is a paid internship, and one that is also eligible for college credit. Work schedule is flexible based upon a balance between the candidate’s and Decider team’s needs.
- Assist Decider’s Social Media Editor in optimizing and executing site’s social media strategy
- Gather and edit digital assets (marquee images, screencaps, GIFs, memes) for social platforms and website under the direction of Decider’s Digital Editorial Designer and Social Media Editor.
- Help with tracking, reporting, and monitoring social platforms
- Pitch and execute ideas for content across all of Decider’s social platforms with a focus on Instagram Story and Reels
- Experience with established and emerging social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok)
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop; additional training will be provided by Decider’s Digital Editorial Designer.
- Love of all things streaming with an almost obsessive interest in pop-culture. Knowledge of Bravo is a plus.
- Strong writing and editing experience together with the ability to adapt to the brand’s voice
- Excellent time-management skills
- Willingness to be a team player
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.
Pay Range: $15.00/hr – $15.00/hr