Inside Account Manager
Applies basic knowledge of the job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments/tasks. Good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are routine to moderately complex in nature and require basic problem resolution and independent judgment. Allocates own time efficiently. Receives general instructions on all work.
- Closes sales on assigned products or assigned customers; may generate leads for closure by an experienced Outside or other Inside Sales Rep.
- Shares sales activities with experienced Sales Reps as necessary.
- Informs customers of company promotions and upgrades; may persuade customer to purchase extended products, services, supplies.
- Responsible for pipeline and forecast responsibility in accordance with sales center business process.
- Execute opportunity and lead management.
- Establishes a professional working relationship with the client.
- Aligns the account strategy and sales motions to maximize client value.
- Build and maintain solid customer relations that protect or expand HP's Installed base. ' Actively collaborate with field sales and others to ensure seamless account coverage.
- Seeks out appropriate resources in presales, product/service specialists to support complex deals.
- As dictated by the selling model, establishes partner contacts to share account information and seek joint opportunities that drive incremental revenue.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to HP, representing the entire HP portfolio of products and services.
- Attains quarterly targets and annual quota.
Education and Experience Required:
- Two year university/Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 3+ years of experience in related field, preferable in IT.
- Direct experience interacting with customers (i.e., Technical, Administrative, or Call Center roles).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid telesales skills.
- Listens to customer needs and tailors messages to customers based on their needs and ties-in additional promotional campaigns, upgrades, or extended products/services.
- Must be a team player and juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Must be able to apply subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Exhibits knowledge of HP portfolio of products or capacity to learn and utilize product resources to meet job requirements.
- With management guidance, proactively contacts and sells products/services and completes lead follow-up with assigned area of responsibility.
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to outbound calls, open pipeline opportunities, and closed won revenue set by segment management.
- Knows and understands HP's sales tools and processes
- Strong presentation and communication skills
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!