Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx Teens, Thinx for All Leaks, and Thinx for All™—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx is seeking an Innovation Manager to support our Innovation function, who will enable our product innovation strategy through the identification and evaluation of unique science & technology opportunities demonstrated to differentiate THINX products and in doing so, will continue to disrupt the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories.
The Work You’ll Do:
- You will support the overall Product Innovation strategy and will have the opportunity to add your skills that will drive the 5-year Thinx Inc. Product Innovation roadmap.
- You will efficiently explore new science & technology opportunities; conducting research, building concepts & validating unique solutions designed to outperform the competition and add consumer value.
- You will be responsible for working with our internal and external research & development partners in the creation of new concepts, gathering test data & documentation in the pursuit of validating product performance.
- You will work on a portfolio of innovation projects, as part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team. You will use strong project management practices to monitor project progress & achieve activity milestones.
- You will work within the overall Innovation Framework process to transition successful innovation projects to the Product Development team and, when appropriate, support internal stakeholders with their understanding of the concept.
This role is in a highly visible & business team and reports directly to the SVP of Innovation.
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You understand the technical requirements required to explore, develop & commercialize a highly sophisticated textile/apparel performance product. You are a systems thinker and easily connect the dots between consumer need and a unique solution.
- You combine a positive mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You have an eye for detail and are disciplined in your ability to document learnings.
- You have worked across a complex supply chain & are experienced at working with global development partners / solution providers. You manage ambiguity well & are adept at working in new processes.
- You are curious and open to learning new skills, such as developing medical devices and you can apply discipline in the strict adherence to product standards, such as FDA & other country product compliance regulations.
- You’re a team-player. You proactively build solid cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at supporting large complex projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience, with experience in product innovation, research, design, creation, or development.
- Bachelor-level qualification in any of the following disciplines: material science, textile science, textile chemistry, medical textiles, apparel manufacture, performance apparel or footwear design/development.
- Experienced with managing complex research, textile, material, component supply chains
- Experience with science-based material & product sustainability metrics & goals
- Personally compelled and inspired by Thinx mission; individuals specifically interested in health and wellness, sustainability and other social issues thrive.
- Small / scaling business experience a benefit.
- Willing to travel 5-10% time
You’re Excited About Us Because...
- 401k company match, vesting immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly childcare stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision plans available.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $2,000 annual flexible reimbursement stipend towards learning and development, cell phone reimbursement, and supporting your remote office needs
- Progressive policies for bereavement and compassionate leave
- Collaborative, dynamic remote-first work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Compensation Philosophy
At Thinx, our compensation philosophy is driven by the goal of attracting, developing, and retaining the best people to further our mission, vision, and business goals. Compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including and not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. For New York City the range of base annual salary for this position is $84,200 - $105,000. Candidates being considered for work in other locations will be subject to the base salary range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter. Base annual salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Thinx, we are passionate and committed to curating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company culture as well as a product line that is reflective of our market and consistent with our goals for growth. We believe that every person at Thinx and every person that wears our products is valuable to the company’s success.