The Information Security team at Weedmaps works collaboratively throughout the entire organization to align Information Security to the business and enable continued growth. Weedmaps is looking for a Security Analyst to join our expanding team. As a security analyst, you would ensure the Security of Weedmaps's products and services by reviewing and triaging security events and assisting in vulnerability management, incident detection and response, and provided best practices to the organization
The impact you'll make:
- Triage incoming security events and classify them for severity and validity
- Create dashboards and reports to visualize security data (vulnerabilities, patch levels,etc)
- Monitor network traffic for malicious behavior
- Monitor end user behavioral detection tools
- Document security incidents and create high level deliverable reports
- Advise tech and development teams on remediation strategies for identified vulnerabilities
- Stay current on the latest vulnerabilities, tools, and tactics.
- May include some penetration testing
- Participate in incident response activities
- Owns the vulnerability management first line
- Work with development teams to ensure security is baked into products
What you've accomplished:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a security analyst or infosec related position.
- Knowledge of networking technology.
- Extensive knowledge of application security vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Experience with Palo Alto XDR.
- Experience with Datadog a plus.
- The ability to work independently and own particular areas and a security SME
- Knowledge of how to collect and present data in a visual format (history of creating dashboards.
- Experience creating executive level presentations and reports.
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and OSX
Our 2022 Benefits:
- 100% Paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO options through Kaiser and Anthem (California Residents only)
- HDHP with HSA and PPO options offered through Anthem
- Company-paid Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage, up to 1x your salary ($250,000 maximum)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Company- paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.