Industry Sales Manager
Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 28,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers – amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility – our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
The Industry Sales Manager, Hybrid is responsible for the leadership of a sales team, resulting ,aggressive sales and market share growth for assigned products, solutions and services. This individual develops and implements sales strategies and plans, to achieve annual goals and objectives. The Sales Manager is accountable for managing the day-to-day sales within the assigned territory, including accountability for executing commercial programs, while working closely with extended resources. This role has responsibility for a large customer base ranging in account size and for managing through their direct sales staff to drive sustainable growth.
The Industry Sales Manager, Hybrid role will focus on the Eco-Industrial segment, which includes Water/Wastewater, Renewable Energy, Mass Transit and infrastructure. Knowledge of selling in these industries is a key requirement. A strong understanding of the various processes (such as specification development, regulatory compliance, bid process, coordinating key stakeholders, and services) that are leveraged within the industry is required. Understanding of the digital transformation and smart connected operations including the digital thread, analytics, and manufacturing execution systems is desired. Experience with emerging markets through commercialization would be a plus. This position will report to the Industry Sales Director, Hybrid.
- Lead of team of Account Managers and be responsible for their development and performance.
- Manage a portfolio of complex customer relationships either personally or through a small team of account managers.
- Facilitate distributor meetings with territory sales management to set goals for account planning, commercial programs and product launches.
- Collaborate with territory sales management teams regarding territory dynamics, performance and sales opportunities.
- Build a network of executives within the business sector to obtain market intelligence on industry trends and identify opportunities for expansion.
- Review sales proposals from team members.
- Document the competitive landscape by geography and OEM segment to create a competitive pursuit strategy.
How You Work:
- Achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Plan and prioritize your work to meet commitments aligned with our goals.
- Develop people to meet both their career goals and our goals.
- Paint a compelling picture of the vision that motivates others to action.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Build partnerships and work with others to meet shared goals.
- Build customer relationships and provide customer-centric solutions.
- Learn through experimentation when solving new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information.
- Relate openly with diverse groups of people.
The Essentials – You Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- A valid driver's license.
- The ability to travel locally 50% of the time to customers.
The Preferred – You Might Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline and additional business-related degree
- 6 – 8 years' experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, systems integration or at an engineering firm; or a graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- 6+ years' experience managing a sales team or leading distributors.
- Experience working with all levels of customer including executives, management, and engineers.
- Experience in sales, industrial distribution, systems integration or an engineering firm.
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Time off
- Parental and Caregiver Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule where you will work with your manager to set a schedule flexible with your personal life.
- To learn more about our benefits package, please visit at www.raquickfind.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
At Rockwell Automation we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this or other roles.
Our benefits for the US can be found here.
Actual pay will be based on factors such as skills, knowledge, education, and experience.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are someone with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.