Tribeca is seeking an adept and highly organized Industry Manager to cultivate relationships with filmmakers, to identify projects, and to facilitate the distribution of Tribeca’s licensed content. Reporting to the COO, this role will coordinate the short-term efforts to distribute Tribeca’s licensed content, and the long-term efforts to build inroads with new directors and producers. Tracking the progress of these various efforts, and building the relationships with distributors (e.g. streaming services both big and small) will be a top priority for this role.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a fast learner, a salesperson at heart, and comes to us with experience in film distribution. They are thrilled about ensuring our library of incredible content reaches new audiences, they can keep track of multiple projects at once, their interpersonal skills are impeccable, and they will be comfortable interfacing with our C-suite to update them about the progress of their various efforts.
- Collaborate with Tribeca’s distribution partners to curate content on its branded channels to drive traffic and capitalize on promotional opportunities.
- Develop and execute a YouTube channel with our business and creative teams, assist in content strategy.
- Track and secure rights to the content with Tribeca’s legal team.
- Filmmaker outreach to secure content for Tribeca-branded channels and coordinating the physical delivery of such content.
- Cultivate relationships with new and past Tribeca Festival filmmakers and participants.
- Evaluate potential films for Tribeca’s branded channels.
- Track filmmakers and projects for distribution opportunities.
- Identify and prioritize content for distribution with internal stakeholders.
- Build and scale the distribution process for Tribeca’s content.
- Create and maintain a database to track all distribution of Tribeca’s content.
- Collaborate with Tribeca’s Manager for Digital Content Preservation to identify trailers, clips, and promotional materials for marketing purposes.
- Collaborate with marketing department to maximize exposure for release announcements.
- Monitor content deployments, measure the engagement across channels, and synthesize those results to better inform future distribution efforts.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with streaming services and other distributors to ensure Tribeca’s content reaches as many new eyes as possible.
- Have a working knowledge of current digital file formats such as Apple ProRes and experience working with DCP formats.
- Familiarity with digital delivery technology such as Aspera, Signiant, and SFTP.
- 3-4 years’ experience in product marketing or marketing related roles, preferably on the B2B side of a company.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in film distribution strongly preferred.
- Film aggregation experience a plus; experience working directly with TVOD, SVOD, and AVOD strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and consistently with internal and external stakeholders.
Founded in 2001, Tribeca Enterprises is a diversified media and entertainment company that owns and operates the Tribeca Festival, Tribeca Studios, and production company m ss ng p eces.
Tribeca Enterprises brings artists and audiences together to celebrate storytelling in all its forms – from film and TV to music and gaming to emerging and immersive content. With strong roots in independent cinema, Tribeca is synonymous with creative expression and entertainment. Tribeca champions diverse voices, discovers award-winning talent, curates innovative experiences, and introduces new ideas via exclusive premieres, exhibitions, conversations, and performances.
Tribeca is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected status.