At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
Shutterfly Operations is at the heart of all Shutterfly divisions to support manufacturing with equipment, continuous improvement, systems and new products. This role will lead large scale projects across multiple sites to deliver on cost savings, quality and productivity goals.
What You'll Do Here:
- Handles moderately complex tasks associated with the mechanical, image/data systems process engineering function
- Develops recommendations, designs, modifications, and procedures for production process control and improvement and leads implementation of these change initiatives
- Develops design changes for equipment and plant facility layouts, workflow, process improvement and safety precautions
- Develops testing protocols and inspection criteria
- Troubleshoots production problems related to equipment and system failures and identifies corrective action
- Utilizes Lean Manufacturing methods for process improvement
- Provides technical support to our manufacturing facilities for complex issues
- Develops and modifies complex engineering documents (specifications, standards, drawing, etc.) to communicate the technical requirements of machinery and processes
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with vendors to provide and improve technology and business process solutions
- Determines operations required for fabrication and assembly of products by reviewing parts drawings, specifications, and other engineering data
- Identifies feasibility and cost of new products and product changes
- Determines production costs for each product and identifies impact of any changes to the product cost
- Determines equipment requirements to support capacity changes, product changes, volume changes
- Identifies areas to increase revenue and reduce cost
- Partners with cross functional teams to define and implement production requirements for new processes and products
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years in a production engineering
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.