Indirect Tax Manager
As an Indirect Tax Manager, you will be responsible for managing complex indirect tax responsibilities across functional areas and business channels and activities with minimal direction. Your responsibilities include ERP and tax systems project management, tax reporting, analysis, tax research, audits, planning, and cross-functional business and systems involvement for sales tax and other indirect taxes mainly in the US. This role will also support indirect tax matters in Canada and other countries to ensure compliance with tax laws and to minimize overall tax liabilities. The position contributes to error risk analysis and continuous improvements across functional areas of responsibility.
What you'll be doing:
- Data Analytics – Prepare supporting documentation required for reporting.
- Tax Returns - Prepare or review tax returns, process payments, and provide required information to external service providers.
- Tax Calculations and Analysis - Prepares complex tax calculations, work papers, journal entries and reconciliations required for accurate tax reporting for areas of responsibility. Effectively utilizes internal systems and reporting tools for recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support business and tax requirements and decisions.
- Tax Audits - Assists with and may conduct tax audits and tax refund/credit reviews. Assists with the analysis of audit methods and sampling techniques, prepares documentation required, assists with evaluating possible or proposed adjustments, and identifies and recommends actions to
- resolve issues.
- Works with tax jurisdictions and/or service providers to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Tax Expertise/Policy - Monitors changes in laws and rates and stays technically current to support tax requirements for areas of responsibility. Performs tax law research and clearly communicates verbally and in writing recommended business applications, impacts or changes to Wish’s tax policies or practices.
- Business Systems Tax Requirements - Determines, maintains, or reviews tax requirements, tax classifications, exemptions, rules, rates and tax updates for retail, business, finance, or tax systems and ensures the usability of systems and data for tax purposes for areas of responsibility. Identifies opportunities for improvements and performs troubleshooting, testing, documenting,
- and working with cross-functional teams.
- Tax Accounting- Perform month-end close duties for Tax related general ledger accounts including reconciling the general ledger to supporting documentation and performing any necessary journal entries
- Improvements/Company Growth- Maximize the use of technology to streamline the accounting/tax team organization.
- Cross-Team Communication- Work closely with all teams including Revenue, General Ledger, Merchants payable, IT, Etc.. to provide support, reporting our general assistance. While Actively participating in projects throughout their life-cycle – from design through delivery as the Main
- 5-8 years of related work experience.
- Strong knowledge of US sales tax required
- Onesource or Vertex and Alteryx/mass data management tool experience required
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Other international indirect tax knowledge preferred
- Experience working in a large multinational corporate tax department.
- Ability to research indirect tax issues including taxability of products and services.
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects; adheres to deadlines
- Demonstrate problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
Here at Wish, you are joining a team and company at a time of growth and transformation. You will love being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you are about e-commerce, technology, and a data-driven culture. Even if you don't meet 100% of the above, we encourage you to still apply!
The estimated base salary range for this position varies by the candidate's location as follows:
- Candidates located in California: $138,000 - $177,000 annually
- Candidates located in New York and Washington: $138,000 - $157,000 annually
- Candidates located in Colorado: $120,000 - $136,800 annually
- For states not listed, the estimated base salary range for this position starts around $120,000 annually
Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, qualifications and other business considerations.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.