Inclusion & Diversity Specialist
This position is responsible for enhancing Murphy USA?s culture and fostering inclusion / belonging and celebrating diversity in all its forms, including visible and invisible diversity traits. This includes influencing our fit-for-purpose strategy, developing creative solutions, and implementing related initiatives across the company. This position will serve as our cultural subject matter expert and champion that will lead the adoption of practices and behaviors that help foster an inclusive and diverse workforce where all people feel like they belong. This position will leverage the Executive Sponsor for thought leadership and will work across HR to coordinate efforts to pull people in, lift people up, increase awareness, and educate.
- Partners with key stakeholders to design and drive a clear Principles vision, with a focus on belonging, inclusion, and diversity. This will include enterprise solutions that are tailored to fit the needs of our two primary audiences ? field and Home Office and support our overall business strategy, goals, and culture. Develop, report, and continuously improve culture metrics that matter.
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop and implement programs and practices that strengthen our culture by pulling people in, lifting people up, increasing awareness, and educating. Partner with leaders across the organization to ensure our culture of inclusion and diversity is embedded in our leadership practices.
- Partners with Recruitment Market Specialist to ?pull people in? through diverse recruiting efforts, which may include targeting diverse talent pools, diverse career fairs, partnering with HBC and other innovative approaches.
- Partners with Learning and Development to ?increase awareness and educate.?
- Partners with HR Analytics to create and measure metrics that matter for our Principle, Respect, including belonging, inclusion, and diversity reporting. Use this information to monitor our culture and recommend improvements to bolster and support our culture.
- Partners with Corporate Communications and Field Readiness and Events Team to create and execute a communications plan that reinforces our culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity. Also work with recruitment marketing and customer marketing to ensure messages are consistent and support our culture.
- Fosters and maintains internal (and potentially external) relationships that aid and enhance our culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity.
- Works with company leaders to raise awareness of the benefits of supplier diversity, while respecting our low-cost business model.
- Leverages I&D Execute Sponsor for thought leadership.
Qualifications for the Job
- Education: Bachelor?s degree in related field. Master?s degree may be helpful. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience: Murphy USA experience preferred due to the nature of this position and strong ties to our culture. Successful track record of creating, implementing, and managing impactful programs.
- Passionate about Murphy USA culture.
- Balanced and fit-for-purpose approach to belonging, inclusion and diversity.
- Positive and educational change agent that inspires people to model and reinforce our culture.
- Passionate influencer that will do the work and lead from the front.
- Strong and proven communicator (written and oral). Will work with CFO on Board presentations.
- Strong influencer with positive and passionate intent that inspires others.
- Is an effective problem solver
- Demonstrates our Principle, Integrity, at all times.
- Partners with our Legal and Employee Relations Teams to help ensure we remain compliant.
- Proficient in required programs and software.