Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A remote startup on a mission to make Trust, Respect and Privacy a default feature of every tech stack. To accomplish this, we created the Fides open source language for data privacy (https://ethyca.com/fides/) and its related suite of free developer tools to enforce privacy policies as code, automate users’ right to access and erase their data, and much more. We believe software engineers are uniquely equipped to solve modern privacy challenges, but only if we work together on shared standards and best practice tools - come join our team and help make this a reality!
As Ethyca's customer implementations engineer, you'll be responsible for owning the technical aspects of our customer lifecycle, whether it's post-sale technical implementation or ongoing technical consulting and troubleshooting. You'll partner closely with our Customer Success team, and over time, we'll look to you to further build out processes and best practices to grow the customer success implementations engineering team. The Customer Success team requires technical expertise that can act as the liaison between customers, the customer-facing success managers and other parts of the organization including engineering and product. When interacting with customers, be ready to talk to engineers of every variety, lawyers, and business operations resources alike; you know how to quickly locate the root cause of technology challenges that can occur from the time a customer signs up for Ethyca to the time they start processing their 100th data subject request. Your super power is in translating complex technical concepts for customers and internal stakeholders to understand. In this role, you will lay the foundations for process building and creating long-term relationships between Ethyca and our customers.
What you will do
- Analyze and document customer requirements and data patterns/flow.
- Configure and test new 3rd party integrations per the customers’ requirements.
- Deploy, configure and test Ethyca's fidesops, a free, open-source privacy request automation engine, on Enterprise customer infrastructure
- Document customer implementations and configurations.
- Work closely with Ethyca’s product team to deliver product feedback, ideate on product improvements for ongoing troubleshooting and maintenance, and stay current on product releases and roadmap features.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Ethyca’s product feature set and the growing privacy landscape.
- Serve as a consultant, providing excellent customer service and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Identify, ticket and resolve customer issues in a timely manner, working with product engineering team as needed
- Develop internal and external processes and workflows to increase efficiencies across the user customer onboarding journey.
Who you are
- A self-starting software engineer at heart. With 5-7 years of engineering or technical implementation experience working with SaaS software products, you know SQL and noSQL and the finer nuances of various databases that use both, how to modify Terraform and Docker scripts, how to manage Kubernetes pods, and are a general expert in cloud service management (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Empathetic to our customers and their needs. You’ve been in a customer-forward role for 1-3 years as a technical resource and are able to lead conversations with confidence. Customers demand a lot from a data privacy compliance product. We are here to first ensure that our customers are compliant with data protection laws.
- An experienced integrator, having worked with infrastructure, net-sec-ops, devops teams, data/base engineering teams, and product engineering teams and knowing how and when to engage each.
- A relentless troubleshooter. No problem too tough, no issue too elusive; we are looking for someone who will tackle a customer deployment or implementation problem and work through it, rather than around it.
- An egoless, yet expert technical liaison between Ethyca product engineering team and Ethyca’s customers. We rely on your expertise of knowing the customer’s setup to inform both product delivery and roadmap.
Ethyca is unable to sponsor visas, so we require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
- Competitive cash + equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Parental leave