Tesla, Inc. is seeking an Immigration Specialist to join its in-house immigration program. This position will report to managing legal counsel and will involve high-volume project management of employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications handled by external counsel. This position is also responsible for compiling, updating, and tracking various immigration data and statuses. The position will also be responsible for occasional drafting and self-management of non-immigrant visa matters. The role is based in Austin, TX.
- Serve as the specialist driving nonimmigrant and immigrant cases with external counsel.
- Maintain a close relationship with recruiting and HR regarding nonimmigrant and immigrant cases, request case-related information as needed, and keep stakeholders apprised of case updates.
- Start-to-finish preparation of employment-based nonimmigrant petitions with minimal assistance and supervision, including H, L-1, TN, and E-3 visas.
- Manage various immigration-related projects from planning to execution and completion.
- Regularly provide instruction and information to Tesla employees regarding immigration practices and procedures.
- Assist with issues resolution pertaining to employees’ immigration statuses.
- Ensure employee and employer compliance with Tesla’s immigration policy.
- Evaluate issues for escalation as needed.
- Prepare monthly status expiration reports and update immigration tracking system.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- One year of employment immigration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of immigration law, including experience with each visa type mentioned above.
- Experience within an in-house corporate setting or a large volume law-firm immigration practice group preferred.
- Strong legal writing and drafting skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.