Human Resources Manager
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for an HR Manager to join our team in Jupiter, FL. If you have great leadership skills and thrive in a fast paced and hands on environment, this may be the role for you!
The Local HR Manager has general responsibility for coordinating and managing demands.
- Spend 25% of time on the floor to be visible and interactive in order to know what is going on and to be able to regularly “check the pulse” of the workplace.
- Lead the investigation and resolution of employee relations problems. Employee relations counseling.
- Review & recommend improvements to policies, procedures, and practices on HR matters.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on HR matters.
- Provide leadership and consulting support to management in support of achieving operations objectives
- Work with managers to identify staffing needs & ensure adequate staffing to meet volume projections.
- Develop, facilitate, and implement staffing strategies & plans to ensure the right people are in the right positions with the necessary skills to do the job.
- Obtain and retain competent, empowered, motivated workforce.
- Manage temporary workforce vendor in regards to quality, competitiveness &ensure terms of contract are met.
- Track staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, compensation, promotions, etc.
- Effectively utilize the Kronos system to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information Payroll and Benefits Administration. Supervise activities relating to the administration of payroll and employee benefit programs.
- Supervisory Skills training and various compliance training. One on one mentoring with Supervisors to improve skills.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline, logistics, or human resources.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in HR.
- HR Certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of current employment laws regarding recruiting, workers compensation, affirmative action/equal employment opportunity, wage and hour regulation, benefits.
- Team facilitation and development, and grievance handling.
- Experience working in a fiduciary capacity with responsibility for maintaining the confidential nature of relationships with managers and employees.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.