Human Resources Manager
Maximize associate experience, leadership effectiveness and company performance by providing active leadership in associate relations, efficient administration of key HR processes and proactive strategic workforce plans. Lead HR initiatives that support individual performance accountability and foster an engaged culture. Support the development and implementation of retention and engagement strategies for the PACSUN Service Center.
- Build strong cross functional relationships; be a trusted partner to Distribution Center managers and associates.
- Actively manage associate relations issues from intake to resolution. Partner with HR Director and/or Legal to resolve complex issues as appropriate.
- Protect and manage the equitable execution and compliance of company policy, procedures, and employment law.
- Collaborate with leadership and recruiting to develop and execute strategic in-house workforce plans for Peak Season hiring.
- Build and execute annual leadership development programming.
- Participate in manager and supervisor onboarding that supports swift acclimation to PACSUN heritage, brand culture and current business/team climate. Provide ongoing coaching as necessary.
- Manage the administration of key HR processes including unemployment claims, leaves of absence, and the ADA Interactive Discussion process.
- Participate in ideation and execution of brand culture events/activities. Support HR Director in planning and execution as needed.
- Provide leadership to direct reports on the HR team.
- Analyze data related to attrition, associate relations issues, and exit interviews to identify patterns/trends. Communicate findings and recommendations to HR Director and Service Center leadership.
- Identify, research, and present best practices to continually enhance performance and results.
- 4-year college degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5 – 7 years of employee relations and investigations.
- PHR / SHRM-CP or SPHR.SHRM-SCP designation preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours, with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role may operate in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. This role may also operate in a warehouse environment subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. This role may also be subject to loud noise due to conveyor systems and material handling equipment and routinely uses standard personal protective equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.