Human Resources Manager
To provide strategic HR support to Americas region. Shapes, influences, formulates and implements people strategies in consultation with function senior management. Ensures HR processes, policies, and developments are communicated and implemented effectively and efficiently with the highest regard for the values of the company.
The position exemplifies the integrity of the company by demonstrated consistency in the application and administration of these values in every action that is undertaken.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Accountable for working with senior management team members to support their functional strategy development and manage the people implications; creating and executing a People Plan to drive the achievement of functional objectives, incorporating Region People Strategy and promoting desired values and behaviors.
- Develop policies and programs in conjunction with corporate initiatives and with specific locality needs in mind. Ensure all policies are in accordance with the company values and administered correctly by management staff and are in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws. This requires participation in senior level management meeting and continuous communication with senior management and corporate partners.
- Collect and analyze people metrics to assist in the development of HR initiatives. Share results with business in support of regional and global strategies.
- In collaboration with global Learning and Development team, develop and/or administer programs for local business areas. Contribute to L&D strategies to build capability, enabling successful implementation of business strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring all employee relation issues, complaints, or concerns are handled thoroughly and quickly to ensure employees are treated fairly and in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Drive and ensure the effectiveness of the Performance Management framework across assigned functions, monitoring the quality of execution and evaluating outcomes. Implement talent strategy, succession planning, and workforce planning for assigned business areas.
- Maintain personal knowledge of current and forthcoming legislation, policies, practices and developments in HR, to ensure approach in each business area reflects best practices and ensure legal and statutory requirements are complied with.
- Develop a high performing HR team – setting OKRs, goals, appraising performance and coaching the team. Ensure responsibilities are completed accurately and efficiently.
What You’ll Bring With You:
- 8 + years of experience in human resources, including experience in HR leadership roles and supervisory/management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related area preferred
- SPHR certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local employment law is required
- Clear understanding of global and regional business strategy and direction
- Current and forthcoming legislation impacting employees and employment
- HR processes i.e. Manpower planning, performance management, succession planning, etc.
- Experience in implementation of a major HR change initiative within a matrix organization
- Business case development
- Coaching at senior management level
- Stakeholder Management
- Facilitation and coaching skills
- High level problem solving
- Strategic/business planning
- Financial awareness
- Project management
- Business case development
- Strong commercial thinking/approach
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in MS Office programs – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we’re proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all – bringing to life Clarks’ new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we’re ready to lead the way. After all, we’re originators, not imitators. It’s who we are, who we’ve always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we’re doing things differently today.
As a global employer, Clarks is committed to embracing diversity throughout our workforce by creating an inclusive environment that reflects the many cultures and locations where we work. We strive to create a productive environment which everyone has an equal chance to succeed at all levels through the organisation. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, age ,disability, marital status, color, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment’, complying with local legislative requirements.