Human Resources Intern
Who We Are
Munchkin is one of the most innovative and fast-growing consumer product companies in the world! With over 320+ patents under our belt, we continue to create solutions that leave our customers asking, "how did I ever live without this?" Recognized as #8 on America’s Most Innovative Companies list by Fortune Magazine, innovation is the core of our company DNA and has been driving our designs for 30 years.
Founded in 1990, Munchkin has sold billions of dollars of products through our key retail partners: Target, Walmart, and Amazon and has global distribution in over 50 countries. We are industry leaders in design and innovation with over 140 international product and brand design awards in the past 5 years and growing!
We lead with our core values and believe that investing in the community is our responsibility. We create opportunities for every child’s potential and well-being through the Radiant Colors program, work to create a sustainable future, and commit to animal conservation in partnership with the International Fund for Animal Welfare.
After 30 years of being a leader in the baby industry, Munchkin is growing up and expanding our business reach to even more consumers with the launch of Curio, a highly curated line of home goods inspired by curiosity.
There is no better time than now to join Munchkin as we embark on our next and biggest growth journey moving us into technology focused, higher valued products, and household consumer goods. Munchkin is growing up, and we are currently seeking qualified intern candidates to participate in our paid internship program at our Van Nuys, CA headquarters.
The Human Resources Internship offers a challenging learning environment to explore Munchkin in a paid assignment with meaningful HR related projects. This is a unique opportunity to receive experience that requires professionalism, attention to detail, multi-tasking, as well as tactical responsibilities that expose the intern first-hand to the experiences of a full-time Human Resources professional at Munchkin. You will be working full-time hours and the position will last between 10-12 weeks.
What You'll Do
- Provide administrative support in key areas as well as assisting with department projects and initiatives on an as-needed basis
- Partner with Talent Management team members to implement new programs (i.e. New Manager training and Mentorship program, employer branding)
- Assist in the setup of HR-related reports on UKG (Human Capital Management) and Saba TalentSpace (performance management system) including headcount, recruitment, performance, onboarding, offboarding, time and attendance reporting
- Support the Talent Management team by maintaining employee personnel files and filing systems (activities, terminations, i9's, etc.) using our HRIS. Assist in record retention project, updating systems
- Participate in talent acquisition responsibilities, key initiatives, and ad hoc projects
- Help in planning employee engagement and company events
- Other duties may be assigned
- Junior or non-graduating Senior level full-time student at an accredited 4-year college/university and minimum 3.5 GPA or better
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people of all levels and ability to function in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential
- Ensure the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Strong negotiation and presentation skills
We Got You Covered!
As a Great Place to Work Certified™ company, we are committed to offering the best to our employees.
Munchkin welcomes and values what makes everyone unique. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We recruit, employ, train, and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other protected status.