Human Resources Generalist
At Major League Baseball, the People & Culture team is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a top-talented and diverse workforce. The HR Generalist will join the Employee Relations & Compliance team with a focus on employee relations and compliance with HR policies and procedures for the global workforce. This role will champion our mission, vision and core values and provide solutions to employee related matters by supporting the business and driving greater efficiency. Our vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy, and a desired destination for employment.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day guidance and counsel on the interpretation of our domestic and global policies, procedures and programs.
- Assist in conducting thorough and in-depth investigations and reaching timely resolution for each case including disciplinary and corrective action.
- Manage employee lifecycle events including onboarding, 30, 60 and 90-day check-ins, new hire orientation and offboarding processes.
- Conduct exit interviews and consolidate feedback to gain valuable insights in all aspects of the work environment including work culture, day to day concerns, processes, workplace ethics and employee morale.
- Partner with the Centers of Excellence: Benefits and Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management teams to facilitate and execute key organizational initiatives as necessary
- Serve as culture ambassador and provide support to develop initiatives that ensure MLB remains an employer of choice.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of programs to drive employee engagement
- Annually review and update the domestic and global Employee Handbooks to ensure compliance.
- Identify and recommend necessary policy changes across each Center of Excellence.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity for assigned HR Systems, including the review, process and approval of personnel changes.
- Upholds operations of the department at the highest level of confidentiality and security.
- Manage Tuition Reimbursement process beginning with employee through payroll.
- Manage the Independent Contractor Agreement process.
- Monitor and reply to daily employee inquiries from the HR inboxes.
- Assist with Touching Base: People Culture newsletter
- Manage compliance training platform
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology or related discipline
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification required
- 5+ years of progressive human resources experience with strong employee relations skills
- Positive communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating across all levels
- Must be approachable and able to earn trust and credibility across the organization
- Highly resourceful with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- Strong technical skills, including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience with an HR information system, preferably Workday
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy