Human Resources Generalist
Freshly, a division of the Nestlé Group, is a fast-growing food company and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the US. It’s their mission to make eating healthy and convenient for people by delivering fresh, nutritious, and fully cooked meals directly to customers.
Freshly’s business model is a weekly subscription service with a menu offering more than 50 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all-natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils. In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit.
Since its founding in 2012, Freshly has grown to more than 1,300 employees, achieved a significant annual revenue stream, and has established itself as a key winner in the direct-to-consumer (DTC) food category. As the largest DTC prepared meal company in the United States, Freshly has shipped over 100 million meals since its founding in 2012. They are positioned to accelerate their growth and capture more market share while simultaneously widening margins through operational scale.
The company’s supply chain is vertically integrated with world class manufacturing facilities and ownership of the distribution channel from farm to fork. This allows Freshly to provide nutritious meals while reducing the food waste caused by the outdated grocery supply chain. All meals are cooked to order and are delivered fresh, never frozen.
Headquartered in New York City, Freshly recently became part of the Nestlé family in 2020 and is a core part of their strategic growth plans as they look to drive the evolution of and innovation in the food industry.
The HR Generalist is an integral part of the Freshly, Inc. Human Resources team. In this important role, your responsibilities will include a variety of duties including recruitment, assisting with employee training and development, working closely with line management on HR and business needs, light employee relations, special HR projects, and preparing HR reports.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; demonstrated experience driving process improvements and specific skills in various methodologies.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing environment.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
- A strong solution focus and be comfortable working in an environment that demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Lead the onboarding process, including orientation, new hire paperwork collection, preparing managers, and facilitating periodic check-ins.
- Prepare data analyses and key metrics that support the use of data to make informed decisions around our people and organization.
- Manage and process payroll, including time keeping, payroll taxes, and benefit deductions. Audit payroll and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Drive the off-boarding process for separating associates (prep managers, conduct exit interviews, process exit surveys, track turnover data/metrics).
- Maintain human resource database, personnel records and employee documents, and employee roster.
- Prepare and maintain organization charts.
- Answer general HR questions and resolves issues in a timely manner / assists with other special projects where needed.
- Assist with employee relations and performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources, or other related fields.
- 3 – 5 years professional Human Resources Generalist experience.
- Advanced computer skills (Google, MS Office, Excel/Sheets, HRIS)
- Working knowledge of Human Resources and labor laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for working closely with a multitude of internal and external partners.