Human Resources Generalist
As a dynamic, rapidly growing company, we are looking for a purpose-driven and dedicated talent to join our expanding Human Resources team. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for contributing to the success of our brand by owning a variety of highly diverse and complex administrative and HR project-oriented duties. This role requires a candidate with outstanding organizational and technical skills, with the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and the ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Create, maintain, and ensure accuracy of employment files and records; responsible for the accurate and complete entry into the HRIS related to all hiring, personnel changes, data changes, and terminations.
- Handle full cycle recruiting efforts; prepare job postings, place recruitment ads, screen applicants and resumes, conduct candidate interviews and reference checks, and provide hiring managers with best qualified candidates; communicate employment offers to select candidates and negotiate counter offers when required.
- Serve as a primary contact for Smoothie King corporate team members and store-level management to answer questions while maintaining positive working relationships and credibility of the HR team.
- Proactively assist in evaluating, enhancing, and implementing tools, processes, and programs to support process improvements while considering system capabilities and business needs.
- Execute tasks that support strategic initiatives, policies, and procedures, including scheduling meetings, updating, distributing, and filing documentation, drafting correspondence, building presentations, and conducting research.
- Coordinate and assist in training activities (i.e. onboarding, orientation programs, and compliance training).
- Partner with Human Resource Manager on special projects and assignments intended to ensure Smoothie King remains a preferred place to work.
- Lead by example and create, participate in, and support all internal culture building activities (corporate events, wellness activities, etc.).
- Possess the ability to design internal communications for system-wide distribution (newsletter, corporate email communications, etc.).
- Provide vacation/time-off coverage to the HR Office Administrator, as needed.
- Strong attention to detail while working in fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Proven commitment to confidentiality, integrity, accuracy, and consistency.
- Solid understanding of Human Resources concepts, practices, programs, methodologies, and related laws, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical, problem identification, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Friendly and positive attitude in the face of adversity.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to coordinate communication across diverse work groups.
- Proven ability to deliver results, effectively influencing decisions through strong leadership skills.
- Works under pressure while exercising good judgment and handles conflict and resolves uncomfortable situations with guests and Team Members, with tact and diplomacy.
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor, with a focus on collaboration.
- Promote the culture, values, and mission of Smoothie King.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources of Business, preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification, preferred.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in human resources field, with at least one (1) year in the food and beverage industry.
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Working knowledge with ADP and other payroll/HRIS systems required, WorkForce Now preferred.
- Personal passion for health and fitness is a plus.
What We Offer
Join our team and enjoy an unusually fun work environment with an upbeat atmosphere and great team members. It is our purpose to maintain an environment our team members can brag about, where our focus and belief are built on our core values: We Are Better Together, We Keep Evolving, We Live Our Mission, We Do the Right Thing, and We Focus and Finish. With our core values at the forefront of every decision we make, it allows for collaboration, passion, and a no-limits mindset when it comes to your future! We keep our team happy with our great benefits package, free smoothies, flexible work schedules, office lunches and parties, monthly fitness challenges, free gym access, and more fun activities to make Smoothie King a happy and healthy place to work.
Inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
To be an integral part of every health and fitness journey.
- We: Do the Right Thing
- We: Are Better Together
- We: Live the Mission
- We: Keep Evolving
- We: Focus and Finish
At Smoothie King, when we say inspire people, we mean everyone. We champion a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the guests we serve. We blend the unique members of our organization, celebrating what is both common and different to grow better together and Rule the Day. The foundation of our diversity efforts is closely tied to our core values, which includes “We Are Better Together” and “We Do the Right Thing”. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, or medical condition or disability. If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance in applying for a position with Smoothie King, please call our Human Resources Department at 214-935-8900 and direct assistance will be provided.