Human Resources Generalist
LennarSan Antonio, TX17 days ago
The HR Generalist acts as the liaison to the Regional HR Manager, Risk Management, Payroll and Benefits Departments and assumes a variety of responsibilities managing the day to day HR processes for assigned Divisions. Supports Division leaders with completing daily tactical responsibilities, coaching managers on organization and people-related issues, as well as lending expertise to make intelligent business decisions.
- Responsible for building collaborative and effective relationships with Division leaders that enable partnerships in providing HR support
- Responsible for all HR processes and functions for assigned Divisions
- Collaborate with Division Presidents, Division leadership teams, and the Regional HR Manager to resolve Associate relations and performance management issues
- Provides leadership, direction, training, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to subordinate team members
- Drives continuous improvement and service delivery excellence throughout the Divisions by identifying and adopting best practices; maintaining a proactive sense of the business’ needs
- Monitors and proactively reacts to overall HR metrics, trends, and performance for assigned Divisions, in consultation and collaboration with the Regional HR Manager and business leaders
- Track and maintain employee referral and other internal promotional programs
- Responds to general Associate questions pertaining to company policies, procedures, and benefits programs
- Ensures the accurate processing of all HR paperwork including pre-authorizations, new-hire, separation paperwork, and HRIS data entry
- Provide HR policy and procedure guidance to Divisions to ensure compliance
- Responsible for full-cycle Associate onboarding
- Act as an indirect leader to Division HR Liaisons
- Ensure that all new-hire orientations are conducted in alignment with company practice
- Act as a liaison between Divisions and Region HR, Payroll, Benefits, and Risk Management
- Support multiple offsite Divisions throughout several states
- Assist in tracking legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions such as OSHA, EEO, LOA, FMLA, ADA, and FSLA.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business related discipline required; PHR, or SHRM preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an HR Generalist or 5 years’ as an HR Administrator
- Advanced knowledge in federal and state labor laws including EEO, ADA, FMLA, LOA, etc.
- Experience with Workday and Applicant Tracking Systems preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, with little to no advanced notice.
- Superior communication, influencing, coaching, and conflict management skills
- Experience facilitating and executing training in large groups
- Ability to respond to associate requests/questions in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and handle fast-paced work environment
- Must maintain confidentiality of all associate issues