Human Resources Coordinator
The purpose of this key position is to complete a broad range of administrative tasks related to hiring, developing, and managing employees at our Phoenix, Arizona plant. The HR Coordinator will assist the Human Resources Business Partner and HR team with maintaining employee records, orientation, and handling employee inquiries.
HR Coordinator positions are often exposed to all human resources procedures and assist with tasks throughout all areas of the HR department such as:
- Ensuring the workplace is compliant with labor standards and maintains records regarding employee grievances, unemployment claims, wage audits etc.
- Coordinating and scheduling new employee orientations
- Preparing employee name badges
- Keeping process paperwork and employment records
- Supports the recruitment team when needed with various aspects of recruitment such as telephone screening, completing hiring paperwork and arranging/overseeing orientation
- Interviewing potential applicants regarding their skills, experience, and education
- Assists with guiding employees through various human resource processes, answering any questions they may have about policies and procedures
- Assists with administering benefits
- Ensuring all human resource functions are complying with local, state, and federal regulations
- Consulting with the employer and identifying employment needs
- Informing applicants about position details, including working conditions, benefits and duties
Shifts Available (Subject to Change During Peak Season)
- Monday - Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Monday - Friday: 1pm to 9:30pm
- Previous HR experience is preferred but not essential. Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Must be experienced in the use of MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants
- Flexible, assertive, team player who is willing to help out wherever needed to achieve company goals
- Must be a team player and willing to train others
- Maintain exemplary attendance
- Ability to work as needed (up to 12 hours), particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished
- Bilingual preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Very competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefits package
- Profit-Sharing programs
- Opportunity for exceptional professional growth
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- And much, much more!
Founded in 1949 by Melvin Cohen as a small black & white photo lab, the business grew during the last half of the 20th century into a large wholesale photofinishing lab serving mid-Atlantic retailers and a national mail order film business. In the late 1990's under Neil Cohen’s leadership, DPI acquired a photo business in the UK and has transitioned from a mid-Atlantic film developing lab to multiple state-of-the-art digital labs shipping millions of photos worldwide every day.
Today, District Photo is one of the largest variable data printing companies in the world as their facilities comprise over a million square feet of manufacturing space with a global reach that sets them apart in the digital printing market. With production fulfillment facilities located in the United States (MD, KY, AZ), England and Australia, District Photo is the leader in preserving memories as we produce and deliver millions of prints, greeting cards, books, calendars and gift products yearly.