Human Resources Coordinator
At TerrAscend, we are on a mission to shape the future of the cannabis industry by creating leading marijuana-based therapies for patients and developing premium products for legalized adult recreational use. We are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis operators in North America. We’re on a roll and are just getting started!
It’s a Joint Effort
We believe that How We Work Together Matters. Our priority is to assemble a team that believes not just in what we do but how and why we do it. Our most successful team members know that being of service to our patients, our customers, and each other is what separates us from other organizations. Our continued success is dependent upon bringing together the brightest minds in business with best-in-class cultivation and elevated patient and customer experiences, so we continue to set the standard for the industry.
Sound like weed be a good fit? Here’s where you come in.
Our next Human Resources Coordinator will assist with the administration or the day-to-day Human Resources operations for our New Jersey teams, including team members in our dispensaries and grow locations.
- You will be challenged to work tactically to do ensure our TerrAscend employees are taken care of from a Human Resources perspective.
- One minute you will be entering and maintaining data for new hire and existing employees in our HRIS.
- The next minute helping run new hire orientation.
- And the next minute answering a benefits question for one of our employees.
- Regardless of the task, it’s critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you’ll work within diverse teams in the organization.
Where you'll be planted:
This is a fully on-site position in our Boonton, NJ facility.
To be blunt, responsibilities of this role include:
- Management of employee data including but not limited to new hire paperwork, I-9 verifications, Department of Health compliance, employee changes (compensation, promotions, terminations, etc.), and reporting.
- Ensuring employees have valid state affiliations upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Maintaining employee files and records in electronic and paper form. ‘
- Maintaining human resource information system records and compiling reports from the database.
- Completing I-9 verifications and maintaining I-9 files.
- Monitoring timekeeping system for compliance and accuracy
- Understanding and implementing the company’s personnel policies and procedures.
- Conducting employee data audits.
- Assisting in HR projects, sending out employee surveys and collecting employee feedback.
- Performing orientations, onboarding, and updating records with new hires.
- Partnering with the payroll team on timekeeping management and payroll changes.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law & compliance requirements.
- Performing other HR duties as assigned.
What we're high on...We value diverse skillsets, talents, and experiences. To be successful in this role we know you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking, required
- 1-2 years of experience working with payroll
- Strong HRIS experience with an ability to analyze small and large sets of data
- Experience working in an administrative capacity supporting the HR function
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Advanced in office applications and software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Solution oriented
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills, must be well versed with MS Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to work independently, or as a team, and adapt to changing priorities
- Position requires exceptional interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels, as well as applicants and external contacts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic HR competencies, knowledge of basic HR policies and procedures and HR best practices
Benefits (full-time employees eligible):
- Employee Discount (all employees eligible)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (with telehealth option)
- 401k with 4% company matching (100% vested immediately)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
Background Check Requirement
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Statement on External Recruiting Agencies
TerrAscend and all affiliates do not accept blind resume submissions from external recruiting agencies. No fee will be paid to agencies who submit candidates without being under contract for an active search with TerrAscend.