First Solar reserves the right to offer you a role most applicable to your experience and skillset.
Provides day-to-day HR support to facilitate all basic HR functions. Works closely with Human Resource Generalists on HR tasks and projects for the department.
- 1+ years of administrative or Human Resources experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
- Must be detail oriented and consistently accurate.
- Ability to follow up on outstanding items and communicate gaps or roadblocks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proven computer skills in MS Office.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works to aid, at appropriate level with HR Generalists.
- Manages the termination process including but not limited to:
- Processing the termination in Oracle.
- Scheduling Exit interviews.
- Follow up with associate as applicable.
- Maintaining all trackers.
- Creating and distributing letters.
- Assists with administration of Leaves of Absence including but not limited to:
- Tracking key dates.
- Communication with associates as needed in relation to their leave case.
- Preparing letters related to Leaves.
- Disabling and enabling badges for those on Leave.
- Administers the day-to-day tasks of the following processes:
- Completes all Unemployment, Employment Verifications and Medical support notices received.
- Provides clerical assistance to HR Department in a timely fashion as required. Including but not limited to, preparation of presentation materials and draft letters from verbal and/or written content, and organization of documents.
- Updates assigned “How To’s” on an ongoing quarterly basis.
- Recommends improvements to HR processes and systems.
- Assists with policy interpretation and adherence.
- Assists with the event planning and implementation, including but not limited to:
- On-site Health Screens
- Open enrollment
- Works with payroll to resolve pay issues and questions brought forward.
- Assists with system transactions in Oracle.
- Partners with the team to deliver orientation and complete associated tasks.
- Manages Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Human Resources Lead
No regular travel is required outside the First Solar work site.
Estimated Salary Range:
US Physical Requirements:
Office Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. To best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check and any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.