Human Resources Coordinator
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for carrying out various HR programs and procedures for employees on a part -time basis in a union environment. This position executes day-to-day Human Resources operations and serves as support for the employees. Support may be provided in-person, by phone, and/or via email.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter
- Ensures positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair & equitable treatment. Serve as internal resource for employee inquiries. Direct employee, as necessary, to the appropriate resource such as Employee Shared Service Center and/or Benefits Center. Under direction, provide support with employee investigations at the 1st level Supervisor and hourly employee levels. Ensures ethics & compliance process is in place.
- Responsible for accurate, complete, and timely employee data updates through the data entry and/or completion of the appropriate standard form or HRIS transactions. Updates may relate to new hires, terminations, employee job changes, leave activity, department or work location changes, changes in pay, etc..
- Perform daily audit of hourly employee time and attendance records to ensure time and attendance is accurate. Follow all established wage & hour compliance controls and corporate governance requirements; Escalate deviations to the HR Manager.
- Support local and national initiatives leveraging Saputo change management methodology.
- Support local recruitment activities. Track applicants to ensure affirmative action plan compliance. Assist with onboarding activities.
- Responsible for the coordination of Leave Administration (FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.), ensuring timely notification to the applicable parties (internal &/or external) are provided, the appropriate documentation is completed, and appropriate approvals are received. Coordinate payroll process with leave administration. Ensure consistent application of Saputo leave policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of confidential employee files for current and former employees, ensuring compliance with internal document retention standards and external government regulations.
- Collective Bargaining Unit adherence and enforcement.
- Administers local recognition programs and coordinates local training sessions.
- Support internal and external compliance audits.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Values.
- Work together professionally in a team environment with coworkers and other department personnel.
- Support other departments as needed and perform other duties as required by management.
You Are Best Suited For The Role If You Have The Following Experiences, Skills, and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent or a minimum of 2-years demonstrated experience in an HR administration capacity.
- CBA Experience Preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a concentration in Human Resources preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, strong Excel skillset a plus.
- Proficiency with HRIS and HR Time Keeping Systems (Kronos, Workday) preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently.
- Ability to understand and add value to our business.
- Ability to deliver and execute high-quality and consistent Human Resources processes and services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
We Support and Care For Our Employees By Providing Them With…
- Comprehensive benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision insurance, EAP, 401k, employee stock options, paid time off.
- Employee recognition and incentive programs.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community via a VTO program and plant engagement activities.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors.
Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).