Human Resources Assistant
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking a Bilingual HR Assistant to join us at our facility in Davenport. This position is responsible for leading the execution of the processes and procedures in the HR department. They are responsible to address the HR related needs of the employees- maintain the quality of service and detail of their processes and work to improve and be more effective as a department.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Providing translation services either verbally or written as needed to support operations.
- Executing such responsibilities as leaves (funeral- military- PLOA- jury duty- and FMLA)- HR system updating
- Attendance tracking- HR data entry- filing- unemployment responses.
- Performing clerical duties in the department or any further duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Administering plant awards and communication programs- including anniversary events- and retirements and other programs as implemented. Be a champion for employee engagement.
- Assisting employees with password resets and updating personal information changes when needed.
- Conducting- coordinating- and participating in new hire employee orientation as required.
- Interacting with all plant employees regarding Human Resources functions- including benefits- compensation- and communications.
- Facilitating completion and collection of employees’ exit paperwork for employees who have voluntarily terminated.
- Maintaining and protecting confidentiality of employee files.
- Recruiting support as needed.
- Participating in additional duties as directed by the Human Resources Manager or Staff.
- Demonstrated good customer service- professionalism- confidentiality- self-motivation- and reliability. Through a positive attitude- be able to communicate and participate in a High Performance Work Environment.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to drive the team and drive for results
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated personal leadership
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English & Spanish
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- High School diploma or equivalent. Two years of technical school with a degree in business or human resources or at least two years of business or Human Resources job experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word- Excel and PowerPoint
Benefits & Compensation Overview
- Medical- Dental- Vision
- Additional Perks: Pet Insurance- (EAP) Employee Assistance Program- Company paid Life Insurance- Company paid Short Term Disability
- $22 - $25 per hour based on experience
- Work Hours: 5am - 1:30pm
Plant & Community Overview
- Producer of Oscar Mayer Deli Meats and Lunchables Meats
- 800 employees
- New plant built in 2017 on 71 acres
- Union plant whose members are represented by UFCW Local 431
- Products made https://www.oscarmayer.com/our-products/coldcuts
Sharing the Mississippi River- the Quad Cities encompasses cities and counties in both Iowa and Illinois and comprises a vibrant community of 400-000 people. The Quad Cities region is located on the Mississippi River and is made up of the riverfront cities of Moline- and Rock Island in Illinois- and Davenport- and Bettendorf in Iowa.
Kraft Heinz is a global food company with a delicious heritage. With iconic and emerging food and beverage brands around the world, we deliver the best taste, fun and quality to every meal table we touch. We’re on a mission to disrupt not only our own business, but the global food industry. A consumer obsession and unexpected partnerships fuel our progress as we drive innovation across every part of our company.
Around the world, our people are connected by a culture of ownership, agility and endless curiosity. We also believe in being good humans, who are working to improve our company, communities, and planet. We’re proud of where we’ve been – and even more thrilled about where we’re headed – as we nourish the world and lead the future of food.
We grow our people to grow our business. We champion great people who bring ambition, curiosity, and high performance to the table as the guardians of our beloved and nostalgic brands. Good isn't good enough. We choose greatness every day by challenging the ordinary and making bold decisions. All while celebrating our wins - and our failures – as we work together to lead the future of food.
Challenging the status quo takes talent. We invest in your purpose and potential by developing skills and nurturing strengths that leave a legacy on our business and a lasting impact on your career. Because great people make great companies, and we’re growing something great here at Kraft Heinz.
Office Collaboration & Hybrid Work Environment
We believe our office environment fuels our collaboration, connection & community as an organization and allows our employees to grow toward greatness. We also believe providing a more flexible and agile model is essential in today’s workplace. A majority of our office-based employees will be able to work remotely for up to two days each week. Additionally, employees who are subject to this hybrid model will be eligible to work from anywhere for up to six weeks in a rolling 12-month period (in maximum two-week increments and according to benefits and tax guidelines). Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in office depending on the role’s responsibilities and requirements.
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require an accommodation to participate in the job application or hiring process should contact HRcompliance@kraftheinz.com.