Human Resources Advisor
Hi there, we’re Article. 👋 We’re an online furniture company creating remarkably better furniture experiences one sofa at a time. And as the People & Culture Advisor, you’ll support all P&C functions, including tasks such as employee onboarding, reporting, performance assessment processes, employee relations, and rollout of various HR programs.
Why We Need You:
You’ll be the face of our People & Culture team providing an accessible, friendly, and resourceful approach to our Particles (people of Article) and managers. You play a critical part in supporting our Particles across multiple locations, providing timely responses across multiple channels (in-person, via Slack, or email).
You’re obsessed with our Particles’ journey, handling P&C questions across our Logistics network with a no-job-too-small attitude. You love bringing your ideas on where we can continuously improve our processes and overall employee experience. The People & Culture Advisor create impact by enabling our managers to build and maintain a great place to work across a wide geographic area.
As a Particle (people of Article), you will have a high level of autonomy to solve challenging, meaningful problems the best way you can. That means you’re trusted to explore solutions you believe will work best (you’re the expert, after all). You’ll do all this while growing your skills within a company that is redefining the furniture industry.
What You'll Do
Three days a week, you’ll be in-person at our New Jersey location with the flexibility to work from home on the other days. You’re the first point of contact for new hires and a dependable source for P&C inquiries throughout our Particles’ employee life cycle.
This role will include regular travel (less than 10%) within the northeast region with quarterly visits to other locations (US & Canada).
- Provide effective and timely first-level People & Culture (P&C) support and counsel to employees and managers on various P&C-related topics including assisting to interpret defined P&C policies and procedures
- Support people leaders through coaching on performance management and improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow-up of action plans around improving employees’ performance
- Lead orientation sessions and onboarding for new employees and complete check-ins with employees at various checkpoints
- Conduct exit interviews to identify issues in the team/department and provide recommendations on action plans for improvement. Monitor and report on trends.
- Provide advice in relation to involuntary separation requests from managers to ensure compliance with company practices, determine legal exposure by verifying applicable legislation, and make a recommendation to leadership on how to proceed
- Prepare and administer termination notices and related documentation
- Updating and maintaining HRIS including verifying that forms are completed correctly and on time, and general P&C administration support
- Support P&C Business Partners with the delivery of people programs including performance reviews and compensation reviews
- Working with the business to develop proactive solutions to recurring team challenges
- Assisting in the thorough investigation of harassment or other serious complaints and assisting in their efficient resolution under the direction of the P&C Business Partner
- Develop and maintain P&C Advisor training materials and toolkits to provide a consistent employee experience
- In partnership with the P&C Business Partner, facilitate training to the business for P&C programs (such as performance management, compensation as required)
- Reviewing department processes and suggesting changes to improve efficiency and scalability
- Completing regular audits and any necessary administrative responsibilities
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience working in an HR Generalist, HR Specialist, People Operations, or HR Manager role in a non-unionized environment
- SHRM or PHR certification, or in progress preferred
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish (verbal, written)
- Good understanding of HR legislation in your area (e.g. employment standards, human rights, health & safety, privacy laws, etc)
- Experience working with hourly client groups, ideally across multiple locations
- Possess a broad knowledge and understanding of US work legislation
- Proficient in using Google Suite, HRIS and payroll systems
- Ability to work collaboratively, being inclusive of all partners
- Ability to work independently and comfortable working in a distributed setting
- Ability to productively challenge and influence other teams and managers
- Ability to prioritize well and be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- The ability to travel internationally
Perks & Benefits
- You’ll start with at least 29 days off between vacation, wellness days, holidays and an Inclusion and Diversity Day
- We want you to experience the obsession our customers have for Article furniture. You’ll enjoy a 45% discount (15% for friends and family, too) on our whole product offering
- In the “Ownership Mindset” mentality, we offer stock options after one year of employment
- Extended Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid maternity and parental leave
The target salary for this role is $ 75,000 to $ 90,000. The actual base pay can increase beyond this range, and will be based on various factors, including transferable skills, training and certifications, work experience, business needs and market demands.