Human Resource Director
We are in search of a Division Human Resource Director to provide partnerships to divisional leaders and proactively lead the HR function. The successful professional will provide oversight for the division-wide direction of human resources and will possess broad HR generalist experience.
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, the Division Human Resource Director will be a key member on the division leadership team and will have a demonstrated track record of HR strategy development and execution as well as experience to lead multiple HR projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams. The successful individual should be an accomplished professional that has experience in implementing HR best practices and providing coaching and consultative advice to business partners as well as have experience working with labor unions.
Reporting to this position is two direct and seven indirect reports. The candidate will establish appropriate relationships with divisional stakeholders and will participate and support the division Long-Range Plan, talent reviews, recruitment and retention of talent, compensation planning, performance management and other HR activities through work with sales teams, operations, engineering, sourcing, and marketing.
What you will do:
The major responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the development and execution of focused strategies and initiatives that will increase our ability to attract and retain talent
- Lead D&I efforts and activities to ensure diversity goals are met, and fosters an inclusive environment
- Lead grievance meetings/answer grievances
- Lead and negotiate one of the Warewash plant facility’s labor contract
- Lead talent review and succession planning processes
- Facilitate and work with managers on onboarding plans
- Coach and provide consultation to managers and employees
- Provide guidance to Plant HR managers regarding terminations, disciplinary actions, employee concerns, legal matters, etc.
- Provide oversight for the annual division Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)
- Lead divisional workforce planning actions
- HR lead in divisional front to back projects
- Provide sound advice to the senior leadership team
- Ensure legal compliance with federal and state laws
What we are looking for:
- Strong, high ethical standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Relationship-building skillset
- Execution and results driven
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong strategic mindset
- HR background/knowledge
Education and experience:
- BS Degree in Business, Human Resources or Labor Relations
- 10+ years of HR generalist experience
- Labor Relations experience
- Customer focus
We are an equal opportunity employer, where we value the strengths of diverse team members in a stable and congenial work environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as career development opportunities.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.