Amer Sports is a dynamic, global sports company offering passionate achievement-oriented professionals the chance to succeed and flourish in an international environment. Our globally recognized brands include Salomon, Wilson, Arc’teryx and ENVE. We are a company where ambitious, competent and motivated people can make their mark. All our team members are ready to strive for the best of the company and to win together. Just like our customers, we are dedicated to an active lifestyle and sports. Join us.
What You'll Do
This role will provide support under a shared services model (the People Resource Hub) and will be responsible for responding to team member inquiries related to benefits, payroll, timekeeping & company policies and maintaining data integrity in our HRIS system. While based in Wilson’ Chicago office, the Specialist supports Amer Sports team members across the U.S. consisting of multiple brands and various locations. As part of a team, this role will help ensure HR processes run smoothly and efficiently. The Specialist must be able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in our busy department.
Specific duties may include:
- Provide support by responding in a timely manner to team member questions via email (ticketing system) and/or phone.
- Gain a broad knowledge of benefits, payroll, policy and all system-related topics (i.e. Workday, Kronos) in order to respond to team member inquiries; must demonstrate initiative in seeking answers when in doubt. Topics include, but are not limited to: health plans, flexible spending account, leave of absences, 401(k), payroll, Workday/Kronos navigation, global HR processes.
- Responsible for data entry and auditing to ensure data integrity in various systems: Enter new hire or job change information in Workday; applicant info in ICIMS; benefit change information in ADP.
- Conduct new hire orientation / onboarding for team members.
- Oversee the pre-employment screening process and processing of I9s.
What We're Looking For
We require a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; and 2-3 years of experience in human resources. The ideal candidate likes a variety of work, is familiar with general principles in HR, enjoys administrative work and appreciates the importance of timeliness, accuracy and providing great customer service to our team members. Qualified applicants will be extremely detail-oriented with demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as be part of the larger team; must be flexible and adaptable.
- Prior hands-on experience with HR systems (preferably Workday and Kronos)
- Strong attention to details, accuracy and working with highly confidential topics
- A professional, positive attitude is a must
- Ability to work standard 9:00 to 5:00 hours to ensure coverage for region
- Proficiency in MS Office and a demonstrated technical aptitude to learn other systems
What We’ll Provide
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, this role is based at the Wilson global headquarters which sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with great benefits and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Hybrid / remote working model
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.