San Diego, CA
Palo Alto, CA
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
This Job Description provides a summary of the duties and/or characteristic of work performed and is not inclusive of every detail of the job for every individual assigned to the position. This description will be reviewed periodically and revised as duties and responsibilities change with business demands.
Other duties not listed above may be assigned as needed.
The HR Manager (Delivery) will function as a subject matter expert with specialized knowledge and techniques to resolve more complex employee relations situations and implement specific HR initiatives across the business. This includes supporting managers in their recruitment efforts to ensure the right talent is hired, supporting exceptional onboarding, employee development, talent retention and enhancing employee engagement and performance.
This role will proactively deliver the HR initiatives for their business areas in alignment with corporate objectives, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Understand the company and functional strategies to help deliver effective HR programs including talent and performance management, compensation planning.
- Collaborate with the broader HR team to leverage the HR operating model fully to improve processes and HR management tools, implement operational best practices.
- Influencing and building relationships with leaders and employees in the business, providing expertise to implement and develop people approaches.
- Proactive use of data, metrics and evidence to inform and drive decision making across business areas.
- Provide advice and support on a wide range of HR issues to frontline and mid-level management, in keeping with employment law, our overall HR practices, and workplace culture.
- Counsel and coach frontline and mid-level managers on proactive leadership and provide advice to create productive and cooperative work environments in line with Jazz values that enhance employee engagement and develop the full potential of our talent.
- Work with HRBPs to manage the implementation of change initiatives to support the achievement of functional goals and organizational growth.
- Lead overall response to employee relations inquiries; conduct and manage the investigation of complaints and concerns; assess the severity of such issues; involve appropriate individuals in legal, HR, and business; and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice.
- Educate employees and managers on policies, procedures, laws, and standards both individually and in group sessions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of progressive HR partnership experience; preferably working in a generalist role with accountability for employee relations and experience in at least two of the HR functional areas: performance management, total rewards, learning or organizational development.
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively and effectively with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to influence leaders through impactful questioning and challenge others to get to the root of employee issues.
- Demonstrated advising and coaching skills for frontline people managers, and business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, establish creative solutions, and determine the optimal course of action in the context of broader organizational strategies and objectives.
- Works well under pressure, meets deadlines, drives projects to completion, and manages the results.
- Should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service orientation and management presence.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters with high integrity.
- Ability to work independently yet be highly collaborative.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and HR systems (preferably Workday).
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, or related discipline is required
- PHR, SHRM-CP or equivalent certification is preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.